New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Instead of trying to regain control of the car, might as well repent nalang & say your goodbyes ...
    wag naman, sana under 60kh para magawan pa paraan. Rear tire medyo ok pero kung front tire ang pumutok, nakuw....
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by earlkudos View Post
    hmmmm may need to check on the tire specs, not sure if it is Temp A or Temp B....

By the way, mine is the sedan non-sport variant, not sure if there is a different type used for the S types.
    Hopefully may maligaw na mga FoFi guys rin sa thread na to...

Haaay... can't help it when it is your family your taking with in a car... the wifey and 2 kids, all the safety considerations tops the list...
    Tama yan. Temp B would be ok.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi,

Since napagusapan na din ang mga gulong, tanong ko na din yung mga continental tires na made in china? are they good? kase they're selling it brand new at 1600 or 1800 per piece, basta within that range. Do you think ok din to since the brand is also continental? or this are fakes?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    guys, meron bang mabibilhan ng Extreme Contact DW? TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The older Continentals (perhaps early to mid '00s) were prone to the sidewalls cracking. Perhaps they were manufactured in some cool country, so when they were used here, the heat got to them. These weren't the low end, small sized ones, but the mid to hi end (well in terms of price) 17s.

But they should be better now and more suited to our climate, considering they're being used as OEM tires on Fiestas.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I've seen a lot of luxury cars with Continentals as OEM tires. Mukhang maganda naman performance in Europe. As for whether they're manufactured for our climate, the distributor should know. Sadly most distributors' main concern in selecting their sources is cost. The 4x2 Navara's stock tires are Continentals. Ok ang grip, relatively soft ride, medyo mabilis lang maubos. I also had one of the sidewalls cracked. For me the most important thing in selecting a tire is brand & model first, where it was made second. Yung UTQG ratings kasi ng lesser known brands you can't really trust. Sample ng bad Japanese brand for example is Kyoto. Japanese nga pero hmmmm.

If you buy from reputable tire shops you really get what you pay for. A lot of people are happy with getting cheap tires because they shelled out significantly less than if they got a good brand but aren't really conscious of what kind mileage, grip, ride and durability they get from them.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i got continental tires in my new car. my first time to use this brand. sadly my experience is bad. just three weeks of use a bulge appeared in one of the tires. i had it checked. their prognosis - i may have hit a pot hole and damaged the tire. i have been driving for over 30 years and probably hit hundreds of potholes. never had any of my tires bulged. i guess this continental tires are not made for Manila roads. it is supposed to be a good tire but only for race track quality road. kaya my advise- beware or better not use this brand. it is not worth the price at all.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ pics sir? Also could you care to expound further on what car, and tires specifically it is?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Can you really fault the tires, with the quality...ehem, or lack thereof... of our roadways? I mean, I'm never retired a tire because it had worn down. It's always something that would have forced me to replace them... the last one, I got a 4 inch metal shrapnel that just wedged it's way through a good Falken Azenis ST115... (although they were my oldest pair, he he buti na lang)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    We form our opinions based on evidence.

Reading several posts in FordClubPH regarding the low quality of the stock Continental tires, I was initially skeptical blaming the failures on either bad driving or poor roads.

Now based on my personal experience, Continental has lost its grip on quality, maybe like how Motorolla dropped the ball on cellphones and never regained it.

A "condition" lately observed by myself and a bro in FCP Mikejoshua was unveven thickness of the tire causing excessive noise I can only describe as "tsugtsugtsugtsugtsug". (Not the same as in Corneto, but like a pumpboat)

I concluded this when recalling that the sound started when I switched tires back to front, and the noise went quiet when I brought them in their original positions.

Bringing them to the tire shop and having them examined by people of experience, uneven wear was pointed out. In my over 20 years of car ownership, never has this happened. Mabuti pa yung Cheng Shin tires nuon, nairaos nila ang kanilang thread life na walang problema.

Sabi ko nga, Continental is dead to me and it wont be getting any further business from me and any other guy I might chance to influence.

I'll also post this on the Ford forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What's Your Take On Continental Tires?