New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga bossing may nakagamit na po ba sa inyo ng wanli tires (china) or achilles (indonesia)
    ok ba itong mga brand na ito? salamat po

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i'm using achilles for 18k kms now... once pa lang nadala sa vulcanizing shop...natusok ng pako....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    that's 265/50R20 btw...costs me 7500php each....
    top speed ko niyan is 190km/h on concrete and almost 200km/h on asphalt...
    and btw, it's been my habbit na rin to rotate my tires every 5k kms... sana nga abutin yan ng 80k kms bago mapudpud...hehehe....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've used achilles tire before..... no qualms about it, inabot din ng mga 4 years.... medyo maingay lang.
    wanli, never used it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    achilles 123's ang sikat ngayon sa mga 86/brz group, but i would never put it on my car. ok kung pang track lang pero daily driving i wouldn't rely on it and still stick with bridgestone or yokohama.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    achilles 123's ang sikat ngayon sa mga 86/brz group, but i would never put it on my car. ok kung pang track lang pero daily driving i wouldn't rely on it and still stick with bridgestone or yokohama.
    Amazing tires for the price, semi slick with the price of normal tires. Those bad boys won't let you loose grip paguminit na. Kailangan lang precise driving kasi isang Mali, pipitik Oto... No tire screeching. 200 treadwear Pero hula ko under rated.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Amazing tires for the price, semi slick with the price of normal tires. Those bad boys won't let you loose grip paguminit na. Kailangan lang precise driving kasi isang Mali, pipitik Oto... No tire screeching. 200 treadwear Pero hula ko under rated.
    true, for the price it gives an amazing performance but compared to bridgestone re-11/re-11a and yokohama's advan neova ad08 it's still worlds apart especially after a couple of laps on the track.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    true, for the price it gives an amazing performance but compared to bridgestone re-11/re-11a and yokohama's advan neova ad08 it's still worlds apart especially after a couple of laps on the track.
    Yep advans are way better then these tires. What draws people to these tires is that 1 advan tire is almost the same cost of a set of 123. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    There's always performance-price ratio naman talaga. If nobody cared about the pricing, we'll all be rolling in Pirelli Zeros.

I haven't tried Wanli but Achilles is highly rated for me. As foresterx said, they're well-loved by the BRZ crowd and their semi-slick tires is a great upgrade from the stock tires of the 86/BRZ. Great grip... I've been in one and doing laps in Araneta Avenue dead in the morning... as with all slick tires.. sticky... sure.. but wait until it rains and you're stuck traveling around 60km/h

For me, I'm rolling around in Indonesian Accelera tires. Less noisy than my Sonata's stock Kumho IMO

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Achilles tires are good. For the price and performance, it's a steal.

GT Radials are also good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast