New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would like to ask if anyone has bought some rims in Princess Tire Supply in Evangelista?
    I bought mine(ROTA Fighter 10) a week ago, and last saturday I went to alabang, there was vibration all over the car in SLEX at 100-120kph, since I am on my way to Bridgestone Alabang for the GEGarage Christmas party, I had them balanced there. The technician said two of the rims have slight wiggles, he had to put 145weight(tingga) on one of the rims. He placed the two rims(with slight wiggle) at the back to prevent vibration on the steering wheel. I tried them at 110 only slight vibrations were felt but there is still some vibration at the back. The technician said you can't rotate these rims in front, so whenever I have to do rotation, I have to rotate the tires and not the rims(I have to take the tires of the rims and rotate them). So this morning I went back to Princess Tire supply to complain, they placed the rims on the balancing machine and they saw the wiggle, ofcourse all of them said that's just normal. So I said how come there is vibration, they blamed a 3 month old car(honda jazz). I told them they have to change those, they said they can't since they have scratches, so I was like what do you want me to do, just look at the car the whole time and not drive it? Ofcourse there would be scratches, there are stones on the road. So I asked them what is the 1year warranty for? They said it's for the factory defect, so I asked them again the wiggle on the rims is not factory defect? They said ROTA won't accept them since they have scratches, so I was like, okay we're going in circles, put them back in the car, and I drove off. Sorry but for their price I don't know if they're worth the buy, I just had no choice lastweek wednesday because only them had the model I wanted, the store I where my friends buy didn't have the the rims on stock and ROTA was closed at that day because it was a holiday, but it was way cheaper than Princess Tire Supply.

Now my question is, is it really normal to have slight wiggles on rims when you put them in the balancing machine? and is it normal to put 145 weight on one side of the rim?

TIA on your opinions.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    nope. it is not normal. either you sell it (at a loss) or bring it to a machine shop to fix it. if no heating is required, you are in luck.

it is highly probable that the set is pre-owned. if i remember it right, i remember asking you if you got it brand new at that particular party (guess who ? ).

just charge it to experience. the cheapest route is not always the best choice.

bridgestone's recommendation is acceptable. you always place the balanced rims and best tires at the front.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by = GE = View Post
    nope. it is not normal. either you sell it (at a loss) or bring it to a machine shop to fix it. if no heating is required, you are in luck.

it is highly probable that the set is pre-owned. if i remember it right, i remember asking you if you got it brand new at that particular party (guess who ? ).

just charge it to experience. the cheapest route is not always the best choice.

bridgestone's recommendation is acceptable. you always place the balanced rims and best tires at the front.
    I actually called ROTA already, they are willing to replace the Rims but by next year since they don't have stocks anymore and manufacturing has been put to stop due to holidays. They agreed to replace the two rims with defects. I guess ROTA is doing what they say "We believe that our service to clients and customers does not end with every product we deliver, Rather, it is a never-ending effort to deliver clients' expectations and at the same time give added value to their products."

I just hope those scammers(guess who? ) get what they deserve..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    That's definitely good news ! see you soon.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Ok naman pala kasi papalitan nila

Vibration after changing rims