New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My spare tire is unused and practically new - Yokohama Aspec which is the stock tire of our Innova.

Our tire suffered from uneven wear which may require us to change tire sooner than expected. My plan is to use the three year old spare tire and buy the rest (same model).

I'll just check how old that spare is and estimate how long it will still last.

Anyone who has done this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    My spare tire is unused and practically new - Yokohama Aspec which is the stock tire of our Innova.

Our tire suffered from uneven wear which may require us to change tire sooner than expected. My plan is to use the three year old spare tire and buy the rest (same model).

yes, pwede naman.
    or, since magpapalit ka naman ng the rest of the tires, still retain the reserve as a reserve.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

yes, pwede naman.
    or, since magpapalit ka naman ng the rest of the tires, still retain the reserve as a reserve.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We do the same on some vehicles at home. we always rotate the remaining good tyre as a spare when a full tyre change is done.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede, buy 3 new and use the new spare as the 4th tire. then choose the best old and use that as spare.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pwede, buy 3 new and use the new spare as the 4th tire. then choose the best old and use that as spare.
    Yes ganito din ginawa ko before sa innova namin, nagpalit ako ng 2 gulong sa likod then ang ginamit kong isa ay yong spare tire tapos isa lang binili ko, spare ko ngayon ay used na, until now ok pa naman yong spare tire na inilagay ko, 7 years yong car nong pinalitan ko gulong sa likod

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes, pwede naman.
    Gusto ko gamitin yung reserve kc ayaw ko naman mag-expire siya na hindi ginagamit. Balak ko sana kasi palit ng bagong tire model pero balik sa dati muna.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes, pwede naman.
    Gusto ko gamitin yung reserve kc ayaw ko naman mag-expire siya na hindi ginagamit. Balak ko sana kasi palit ng bagong tire model pero balik sa dati muna.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pwede gamitin. Sayang, sana lang naisama sa rotation noon para sabay sabay napudpud then pili ng the best para gawing spare pag nagpalit ng set.