New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Planning to replace the Vios stock rims & tires based on these criteria in particular order below
    traction > comfort > FC > looks

I was thinking to buy a tire either 195/50/16 or 205/45/16 & rim offset either +38, +40 or +42. My main concern might be fender rubbing issue when full turned using offset +38 but the suspension set up would never be dropped down. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated. Tankyu

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    Planning to replace the Vios stock rims & tires based on these criteria in particular order below
    traction > comfort > FC > looks

I was thinking to buy a tire either 195/50/16 or 205/45/16 & rim offset either +38, +40 or +42. My main concern might be fender rubbing issue when full turned using offset +38 but the suspension set up would never be dropped down. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated. Tankyu
    Wouldn't 195/55 r15 be better for a Vios? The ecopia has good FC and is also quiet to boot.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    +38 offset in a 16x7 rims will have a higher chance of fender rubbing, lalo na kung puno sa likod but there's a turn around solution for it, fender tuck/roll or a slightly negative camber.

better to test fit the rims for clearance checking.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    +38 offset in a 16x7 rims will have a higher chance of fender rubbing, lalo na kung puno sa likod but there's a turn around solution for it, fender tuck/roll or a slightly negative camber.better to test fit the rims for clearance checking.
    Would you say offset +40 is safer or better yet +42? How about the tire size?

*K.I.L.L - I read in other threads that R15" is not much difference as compared to R14". Would anyone confirm it pls.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    Would you say offset +40 is safer or better yet +42? How about the tire size?

*K.I.L.L - I read in other threads that R15" is not much difference as compared to R14". Would anyone confirm it pls.
    it depends on the wheel design itself but if we are talking with the same brand and wheel width, i would say that +40 offset will suffice. to be sure, it is best to test fit the rims. example of which are Rota's. the 15x7 Rota RB is wider than the 15x7 Rota JSPL or Track-R even with the same offset and tire size.

for the tire size, if you opt for a more comfortable ride, i'd choose 195/50r16.

you can try this wheel and tire calculator, link: Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 4 of 4

Happy wheel hunting Sir