New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That's generally true in two ways... 1. Slightly bigger diameter tires lessens the lateral effects of imperfect roads, and 2. The higher sidewall also helps with insulating bumps. Of course, if the sidewall on the new tires are harder than your previous tires, even with a higher-profile sidewall, the effects would probably be the same or worse.

If you're using the stock rim (6J/6JJ), you'd want to stick to 205mm tread width. This is somewhat the 'rule-of-thumb' maximum for a 6-inch wide rim. 70 sidewall would also look nicer and actually makes your speedometer more accurate. I noticed that when I'm driving on an OEM's 205/65 R15 tires, it actually makes your speedometer show that you're doing between 2-5% faster than your actual speed (taken with a GPS). In other words, if I'm doing 100kph as displayed on the GPS, my speedometer is telling me I'm already doing about 104 kph or whereabouts.
    so sir oj88, ok na to go 205/70/R15?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    so sir oj88, ok na to go 205/70/R15?
    I say go for it!

My Innova is just 5 months old and will take a me a few years to worn down the tires enough to replace them. I'd get a 205/70 R15 in a heartbeat... Maybe the Yokohama Geolandar SUV (if they're available). The Innova's fender wells seems to match a 70 tire more than the 65.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I say go for it!

My Innova is just 5 months old and will take a me a few years to worn down the tires enough to replace them. I'd get a 205/70 R15 in a heartbeat... Maybe the Yokohama Geolandar SUV (if they're available). The Innova's fender wells seems to match a 70 tire more than the 65.
    thanks. the 60 series kinda looks smallish on the fender especially on the rear. am really eyeing the yokohama geolandar ht.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    What risk? Please elaborate.

How does +/-0.2% be any more risky?
    That is actually +3.2%. Yung 0.2% na sinasabi ay in excess of the recommended 3% difference from the stock size.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    If you're using the stock rim (6J/6JJ), you'd want to stick to 205mm tread width. This is somewhat the 'rule-of-thumb' maximum for a 6-inch wide rim. 70 sidewall would also look nicer and actually makes your speedometer more accurate. I noticed that when I'm driving on an OEM's 205/65 R15 tires, it actually makes your speedometer show that you're doing between 2-5% faster than your actual speed (taken with a GPS). In other words, if I'm doing 100kph as displayed on the GPS, my speedometer is telling me I'm already doing about 104 kph or whereabouts.
    I think someone already explained why the speedometer is 5kph slower than the actual (GPS).
    If you change tires and the speedometer becomes consistent with the GPS speed reading, there is a change the odometer reading will be the one off the correct reading.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks to all. i already replaced my yoko aspec 205/65/15 tires with the yoko geolandar g046 205/70/15 tires.

it's been a week and here's my obervations so far:

1. better grip (must be because it is new)
    2. less bounce (must be bec. it is new)...(must be bec. or stronger sidewall).
    3. better dampening. potholes seems to disappear.(must be bec. it is new)...(may be bec. of more air in the tire bec. of the 70 series)

overall, i'm having a wonderful ride. will observe fuel economy on my Innova when I go to the province this april.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    thanks to all. i already replaced my yoko aspec 205/65/15 tires with the yoko geolandar g046 205/70/15 tires.

3. better dampening. potholes seems to disappear.(must be bec. it is new)...(may be bec. of more air in the tire bec. of the 70 series)

overall, i'm having a wonderful ride. will observe fuel economy on my Innova when I go to the province this april.
    Was it cheaper bro?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Was it cheaper bro?
    Apparently, yes. The ASPEC was 3,880...The Geolandar was 3,840.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015

share ur fc and some more experience with ur new tires sir...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    If you just want more comfort just change the stock Yokohamas to Bridgestone gr100's. A bit more expensive but the ride quality will improve a lot, I'd say 25%.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast