New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys, need your advice. Worth it ba bumili ng 1 more piece ng tire/aftermarket wheel combo as spare? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Don't you have the OEM spare tire anymore? Unless you go offroad and travel long distances in remote areas, no need for 2 spare tires/rim IMO.

Addt'l weight will affect your FC.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim View Post
    Guys, need your advice. Worth it ba bumili ng 1 more piece ng tire/aftermarket wheel combo as spare? TIA!

For most cars, no. You can use your original spare tire that came with the car.

The only time it might be worth the money is if your car is equipped with a LSD or AWD system and your new aftermarket wheels are of a different overall diameter than your original wheel.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For most cars, no. You can use your original spare tire that came with the car.

The only time it might be worth the money is if your car is equipped with a LSD or AWD system and your new aftermarket wheels are of a different overall diameter than your original wheel.
    also if your sports car has different rim sizes or width in the front vs the rear baka puwede din. Pero parang hassle yung ganun.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    How big can the difference between the overall diameters of the OEM and aftermarket rims go?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your concern is for your Honda City 2010 1.3S M/T, having different sized spare wheel is not an issue.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks sir.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim View Post
    How big can the difference between the overall diameters of the OEM and aftermarket rims go?
    +1 ako dito.

so when you guys bought your new set of wheels they're exactly the same size (as in down to the last centimeter)?

for example: stock wheels on a 1.3 2009 jazz is 175/65/15.
    ...as per www.kouki.co.uk that's a rolling radius (RR) of 191.17 cm and a total diameter of 60.85...

say i increased from 15s to 17s and chose a 205/45/17 setup which has a rolling radius of 193.62cm and total diameter of 61.63cm...

the difference is basically 1 CM. ok lang naman to e no, as long as i return say the original flat tire ASAP or else di na sya magiging straight (wheel balancing and/or alignment)

TIA

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not really needed but if you find a good deal then why not? I did this already before when i found a 1 piece rim/tire similar to my aftermarket set.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    oo ng sabagay kung brand new yun mga at least 5k din ung spare mo

(around 5k kung copy lang, what more kung orig. aroy. hehe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Spare aftermarket rim/tire