New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Help. Any info would be appreciated. Chevrolet Spark 2011. MT. 155/70R14 (no idea what this means, but i think this is the size of my tires).

The chrome plating of my stock rims have started to peel/chip off and the iron/steel rims are showing.

1. Are these rims still usable? Is this just an aesthetic issue?

2. Since replacement mags/tires don't usually carry this size, what's the next best size? I don't like those tires that stick out of the car looking like an ATV with oversized wheels. I just want the next (widely) available mag size.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mags.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Based on the photo, I'd replace those wheels ASAP. Ang dating sa akin parang isang lubak na lang bibigay na. Madali lang naman hanapin yan 14" sir.

As for the tires, medyo mahirap nga humanap ng ganyang size if ever magpapalit ka. Pero pwede kahit alin dito just in case:

165/65R14
    175/65R14
    185/60R14

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mukhang either gutter marks or marks from an improper mounting ng vulcanized tire. Kung walang crack and hindi bengkong, okay pa yan.

Yung goma, punta ka lang sa any tire shop. Hanapan ka nila ng fit na rubber

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    narerepaint yan. punta ka lang sa malaking tire shop ask mo kung nagrerepaint sila ng mags. di naman yan chrome paint lang yan.

naiihian siguro lagi ng aso yang gulong mo. if so then make it a point to always wash your wheels kahit buhusan mo lang ng water every morning. makikita mo naman ihi ng aso kahit dry na. or baka nag-leak ang brakes mo, nababakbak ng brake fluid ang paint.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont think kailangan i replace yan. all it need is a refurbishment.
    pag may cracks lang sa bakal ang kailangan i replace, o oblong na.

although replacement is a convenient excuse to upgrade to 15s. hehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think that's the powder coating being chipped off due to corrosion. If you have pets or stray dogs peeing at your rims frequently, that might happen.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSparky View Post
    Help. Any info would be appreciated. Chevrolet Spark 2011. MT. 155/70R14 (no idea what this means, but i think this is the size of my tires).

The chrome plating of my stock rims have started to peel/chip off and the iron/steel rims are showing.

1. Are these rims still usable? Is this just an aesthetic issue?

2. Since replacement mags/tires don't usually carry this size, what's the next best size? I don't like those tires that stick out of the car looking like an ATV with oversized wheels. I just want the next (widely) available mag size.

Thanks!
    ...looks like mine!
    but i had since sold the car.
    i have dogs.
    doing some research, aside from physical barriers, the only other odor dogs and other animals would be wary of, is essence of wolf urine.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree it looks superifical. Bead blasting should get rid of the nasty coating. A few coats of paint and clear coat and they should look good as new.

9. Join Date
    May 2015
    Thanks everyone!!! your answers were very helpful...and quite spot on. Yes, my darn dog pees on my tires frequently (didn't think it mattered much). Yes, my brakes have nasty deposits on my rims (had it fixed so shouldn't be a recurring problem).

Salamat dun sa info about replacement tires/mags. Will be very helpful if i decide to change it up.

thanks tsikot.com forum

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    salarin niyan ung doggie..

isang boteng stripsol lang yan.tanggal lahat ng pintura nyan at ready na pinturahan kahit spray can lang kung gusto mong i DIY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast