New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I drive a 96 civic vti.

Now for the questions.

1. What mags would look good in my car? I'm leaning towards rota grid sports bronze. http://www.rotawheels.com/grid.php

2. What's a good tire to buy? Size is 195/55/15

3. What's a good place to buy mags/tires. Can I buy it directly from rota? Their factory is near our place. i heard Evangelista is a good place to buy also. But are the shops there honest? I don't know much about this stuff and am very gullible. They could pass off used/surplus ones as bnew and I would not know.

4. How should I take care of the mags as to not to look like the picture above. When I got the car the mags were already like that. I think its because the car was from the province and it was washed by tubig poso and was parked 200m from the beach.

5. How many times can a tire be vulcanized before it is already compromised? I may be just unlucky but since the start of the semester, I have been victimized by nails 3 times already.

6. How much for the mags and tires? Ballpark figures would do.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the vulcanizing was done well, it should last the lifetime of the tire (meaning the next 50,000 kms or so).

Plated or Chrome-plated mags like the stock VTi mags really degrade. It can be salty air, acid rain or even dog pee... but they will degrade. Painted mags (gun-metal, bronze, "hyper" silver) will last longer under the same conditions.

You can buy straight from ROTA, but at a fixed price. They don't tend to undercut their dealers.

195/55R15 will be fine. You could try Bridgestone MY01 as a good "cheap" sports tire... but there are tons of others out there.

Mag design? Up to you... kanya kanyang tastes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Do the shops in evangelista accept credit card? How much for a set mags and tires? A set means 5 pcs right? Learning from what I read around here, tires that have a stiffer sidewall are better considering the amount of potholes in Philippine roads. If choosing among toyo proxes t1r, yokohama s drive, potenza g3 and goodyear ventura, what would be the best choice for our roads? Thanks

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Rota doesn't accept trade-ins, although they can buy your mags (*90 per kilo). They accept credit cards, but impose a 5% surcharge, which is illegal btw.

Normally, a set consists of only 4 pieces, so if you upgrade tire size, better to pay for an extra rim and tire.

IMO, better to buy from tire/mags retailers along Banawe, as they can give you a better price for your mags. Ben's OK is a reputable tire shop along Banawe, and they don't charge extra for mounting/dismounting (unlike those in West Ave).

At any rate, whatever you do and wherever you go, avoid Miller West and West Racing!!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm from merville paranaque so going to banawe isn't practical. I'd rather go to evangelista. I doubt if I'd get a good trade in value for the mags/tires given its conditions. The tires are also 11 yrs old.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bro you can have your stock vti mags(with tires) traded from 3k-5k. depende sa tread ng goma mo.
    linisin mo muna para mas madaling i-haggle ang trade-in price.
    tapos i-deduct na lang yung traded amount sa price ng
    mags & tire na kukunin mo.

ganito ginawa ko nung nagpalit ako ng mags at goma. sa evangelista din.

gudlak pre!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Laspag na kasi surface nung mags(refer to the pic in my first post) and the tires are still the original ones that came with it 11 years ago. Abot parin ng 3k trade in value nun? Pede ba card sa evangelista?

Since I'll be changing to a different tire size, does it mean that recommended tire pressure would be different or still be 30psi at the front 29psi in the rear?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    select stores (like freddie's) will offer credit card payments, pero like already mentioned, with a surcharge.

buti running condition pa yung tires * 11 years. di pa ba kalbo yan? ilan km na ba tinakbo ng kotse?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bad trip naman yan surcharge na yan. Now I need to know the price so I can bring the proper amount of cash. If its illegal to post prices here you can pm me. Thanks

We got the car a year ago with 29+++km. Now its at 42+++. Tread is still ok but I brought it to servitek because of "kabig" to the right. They told me di raw pantay kain so I need to replace it. And I read that tires have an age limit too. So since I'm planning to replace all 5 tires, isabay ko na yung mags dba?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    meron may number ng Ben's OK sa Banawe? Thanks po. Nasabugan kasi ako tires kanina. Sorry sa pag-ride sa thread starter.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Questions about wheels and tires