New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TS, ilang psi ba ang ibinaba?

Ensure that you check your tire pressure only when the tires are cold. Baka naman hindi consistent ang temperature ng gulong nyo tuwing nagpapa-hangin kayo kaya minsan mababa.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    TS, ilang psi ba ang ibinaba?

Ensure that you check your tire pressure only when the tires are cold. Baka naman hindi consistent ang temperature ng gulong nyo tuwing nagpapa-hangin kayo kaya minsan mababa.
    Usually 2-4 psi. Sa umaga before using the car and while driving, napapansin ko na bumababa yugn pressure. Pag daan ko sa gas station, ayun mejo bumaba nga sya.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Baka sir hindi lang accurate yung ginagamit mong tire pressure indicator? Saka dapat cold tire pag nag-iinflate, nabasa ko lang sa ibang thread na nadadagdagan daw ng 1-2 psi kapag mainit yung gulong.
    Nung nagpaInflate ka siguro eh mainit yung gulong mo tapos nung nagChek ka ng tire pressure eh malamig na ang gulong keya bumaba yung tire pressure? Just a guess sir.
    Ilang minutes po ba dapat before i-inflate yung tires? Usually kasi after at least 30 minutes drive saka ako nagpapa-inflate.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by threadstone View Post
    Ilang minutes po ba dapat before i-inflate yung tires? Usually kasi after at least 30 minutes drive saka ako nagpapa-inflate.
    As mention by sir Yuji13, check your tire pressure when the tires are cold. Mas maganda sa umaga, bago mo gamitin yung auto mo, i-check mo na yung tire pressure mo then kung mababa saka mo dagdagan ng hangin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually 2-4 psi. Sa umaga before using the car and while driving, napapansin ko na bumababa yugn pressure. Pag daan ko sa gas station, ayun mejo bumaba nga sya.
    2-4 psi? may singaw yan.... dalahin mo na lang sa vulcanizing shop..... it should not be much of a problem.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    IMO mainit na masyado gulong nyo kung 30 minutes. ideally less than a kilometer drive from your garage

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ilang araw ba ang pagitan ng pag-check nyo ng hangin?

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    ilang araw ba ang pagitan ng pag-check nyo ng hangin?
    my routine is atleast di hahaba ng 5 days ang pag check ng hangin. Usually mga 1-2 psi ang binababa nya sa bawat tires and ok lang yun.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lpasuncion View Post
    my routine is atleast di hahaba ng 5 days ang pag check ng hangin. Usually mga 1-2 psi ang binababa nya sa bawat tires and ok lang yun.
    yep 1-2 psi drop in 5-7 days is fine.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello po,

Just would like to ask re sa tires ng Mirage G4. The car is barely 6 months old sa akin and will reach 5K soon. Pero napansin ko the past 2 or 3 weeks na ang bilis bumaba ng tire pressure on all 4 wheels.
    Parang 3 or 4 times na ako nagpa inflate in that span of time. And the pressure is usually between 28-30 pag pinapakargahan ko sa mga gas stations.
    Paano po makikita or malalaman kung meron singaw? Will it be because ang daming lubak ngayon sa metro manila kaya mabilis bumaba yung pressure ng gulong?
    Saka I will be bringing the car sa casa in the coming weeks para sa 5k PMS. Kasama ba sa pag check yung wheel allignment and yung status ng tires?

Thank you.
    all four tires... malas mo naman... where do you pass.. the construction site? heh heh. (hey! this is not a joke! i used to get punctures on a regular basis... until i had my long driveway fixed up.)
    this is what i do to monitor my tires...
    1. be consistent on when and where you check the pressures. most experts suggest doing it in the morning before moving off, when all tires are properly cooled down, to the same temperature. but to many, including me with fat tummy, that is un-acceptable or anatomicallly impossible. so, i hie off to the nearest gas station or tire shop (so's the tires don't get too warm). isa lang ang pinupuntahan kong gas station, para consistent ang gauge calibration. and oh! do be generous to the gas boy who will check your pressures, and his face will light up everytime he sees your car driving in.. magkano lang ba naman yon?
    2. see that the pressure gauge is properly calibrated. i admit, it takes a while to size up the gas station's gauge..
    3. learn to size up tire pressure just by looking at the tire. and do it everytime before you drive off.

nitrogen? i have read some reports on that.. the conclusion was... the advantages are so minimal to the average motorist, it is advantageous to you only if it is given free.

wheel alignment? it has no bearing on dropping pressures, as is roughness of road surface.

leaks? they are not included in the warranty. in general, tires are wear-and tear and are not warrantied by the casa. unless you can show that what happened was not wear and tear..

so how often do i get my tire pressures checked? i have them checked every 1 or 2 weeks.

and before you hurl invectives at the other motorist for insulting your driving habit, ask yourself first, because if you think enough, you will come to the conclusion that you probably deserved it.

heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 9th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast