New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Hi tsikoters,

I need your opinion, I'm planing to change my stock mags 15 inch (185/60/R15) to 17 inch.

What is the best mags offset combination?
    Where do I buy? I'm from sto Tomas batangas.

Thanks and by the way I'm planning to buy black mags as my car is black as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff2308 View Post
    Hi tsikoters,

I need your opinion, I'm planing to change my stock mags 15 inch (185/60/R15) to 17 inch.

Thanks and by the way I'm planning to buy black mags as my car is black as well.

what car?
    normally 17s go well with 205/50/17, or 215/45/17, but depende sa oto and sa offset.
    black cars, go well with contrast.... silver or black with chrome lip or white would be good.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    what car?
    normally 17s go well with 205/50/17, or 215/45/17, but depende sa oto and sa offset.
    black cars, go well with contrast.... silver or black with chrome lip or white would be good.

Thanks sir sa input , car is vios 2016 , what offset do you suggest? And San lugar ok bumili ng mags?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    On offset selection, you need to know the offset of the stock wheel. From there, compensate if you are getting a wider wheel than stock (unless you are going for the look where the wheels extend beyond the fender). Please note that too extreme an offset/wheel width can lead to clearance issues or putting excessive strain on wheel bearings. Many shops sell wheels but please make sure you get a quality wheel and decent tires. Which set to go for becomes a function of budget so just do some research on that.

Thanks sir sa input , car is vios 2016 , what offset do you suggest? And San lugar ok bumili ng mags?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Be prepared to upgrade your suspension to compensate for the stiffness effect of low profile tires or else magsisi ka sa tagtag ng ride and eventually bumalik ka lang sa stock. Sa 16" medyo tolerable pa. Yan ang mga nabasa ko sa mga ibang threads.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi tsikoters,

Check online for a tire size calculator to check wheel height and rpm differences. Your choice of new rims & tires should be less than 5% of your stock specifications. Going +2" will be fine on your stock suspension unless you drive a like a maniac of bumpy roads, humps, or potholes.

With your wheel size, the options you have would be 205/40/17 or 205/45/17. The 205/40/17 will have a similar profile as your stock rims&tires but the amount of sidewall may not be that friendly to bumps. 205/45/17 will be a bit bigger but it offers more rubber, not to mention it is a more common tire size. 215/40/17 is an alternative but the 30mm difference in tire width may cause some rubbing in the tire well.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Thank you sa mga input! I'm also thinking if I will just buy the TRD mags 17 inch for Vios in Toyota san Pablo, wla naman pinagkaiba sa suspension yung TRD vios vs sa Vios E ko? please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank you sa mga input! I'm also thinking if I will just buy the TRD mags 17 inch for Vios in Toyota san Pablo, wla naman pinagkaiba sa suspension yung TRD vios vs sa Vios E ko? please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Correct, body kits lang nadagdag sa TRD models. The same thing also with Honda cars and its Modulo models.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Correct, body kits lang nadagdag sa TRD models. The same thing also with Honda cars and its Modulo models.
    Thanks ! so in that way pede ko sya upgrade sa from 15 inch stock mags to 17 inch TRD mags without the issue on the suspension and others as my vios is the same with the TRD version of vios.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Good pm! Correct me if I'm wrong, so parehas po lahat ng vios models from J to G to TRD in terms of tire specs (offset, etc) and suspension?

So ok lang po 1.3 J na vios (default 175/65 r14), upsize to TRD 17" without conpromise? Ty po sa may sagot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast