New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I'm planning to change my oem wheels (Mazda CX-7) to 20" rims and tires, after making computations 255/45R20 would be about 0.6% bigger than my 215/70R17 originals.. need advise lang sana.. after going to a couple of shops one taiwan made rims that caught my eye.. problem lang is they only have maxtrek fortis tires available..

Couple of questions lang:
    1. Although the size is only 0.6% bigger in diameter, the wheels are bigger than the recommended 245/45R20 .. ok lang kaya ito?

2. Ok ba taiwan made rims?

3. Ok ba yung maxtrek fortis tires brand?

4. Since medyo apprehensive ako about using Chinese made tires another option is just getting tires from other shops bring them to the rim shop and have them fitted and installed to my car there nalang.. can you give suggestions on what brand I should use na di naman sobrang mahal.. will generally be driving sa slex everyday so of course am thinking about safety..

5. Suggestions on what shOps to buy from? Am generally in the south area of Metro Manila so OK sana if there Hut if good deal sa iba puwede ko naman dayuhin..

TIA guys

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Sorry the shop where the rim I saw is in queuing city so shops around QC suggested would be good..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    550+ views in the largest car forum in the country and I didn't even get 1 reply.. ouch..

Hopeful that a lot more experiencwd owners would share there ideas..

Anyway for those curious.. this is what I ended up with ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not many owners of mazda cx7s I know a girl who owns 1 but shes all stock.

Im guessing 0.6% bigger wont have scraping issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not many owners of mazda cx7s I know a girl who owns 1 but shes all stock.

Im guessing 0.6% bigger wont have scraping issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thanks for the reply, after a short drive yesterday from the shop to the house i didn't feel any scrapping issues naman kahit sa sharp turns sa parking.. i'll get a chance to drive longer today so let's see..

I was actually hoping for experiences on their own cars kahit hindi CX-7 that changed to mags especially 20's, also like if there are those that have used the maxtrek brand na, or what their recommended shops were that had great service for mags, what brands if tires they used that have been reliable for them (if not using the most expensive brands: bridgestone, dunlop, michelin).. i've used the search button looking for maxtrek but walang sharing experience using them.. i've also saw 2 threads but they are super long and have read about 10 pages through there na so had some ideas but nothing conclusive.. anyway i went with nitto 420's..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I am using the same tire size on my current-gen CRV. 255/45R20. Mas malaki din yung diameter niya ng konti sa stock kasi ang recommended size is only 245/45R20. The only issue I got was with bumps and potholes, sumasayad yung rear tires ko sa fender lining lalo na kapag may sakay sa likod. This was fixed by adding a half an inch spacer sa rear because I realized, during those bumps nag negative camber yung tires ko, and since I am using wider rims, talagang tatama siya sa fender lining.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I am using the same tire size on my current-gen CRV. 255/45R20. Mas malaki din yung diameter niya ng konti sa stock kasi ang recommended size is only 245/45R20. The only issue I got was with bumps and potholes, sumasayad yung rear tires ko sa fender lining lalo na kapag may sakay sa likod. This was fixed by adding a half an inch spacer sa rear because I realized, during those bumps nag negative camber yung tires ko, and since I am using wider rims, talagang tatama siya sa fender lining.
    ganitong spacer ba bro G?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ganitong spacer ba bro G?
    yup ganyan nga idol. lumabas ng konti yung tires ko, but atleast di na dumidikit sa fender lining with those spacers installed.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    yup ganyan nga idol. lumabas ng konti yung tires ko, but atleast di na dumidikit sa fender lining with those spacers installed.
    bro di sya tumatama sa fender naman or nag roll ka pa?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Appreciate the reply.. after using it now for 15 days.. I have not had any issue with rubbing so very thankful for that.. I haven't tried full load though.. hangang 2 people palang as of now.. but very satisfied with the wheels I got.. ..

The spacer suggestion I will keep in mind if i ever have that problem..thanks a lot ;) ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast