New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ingat sa pagpalit ng mags...avoid wheels with offsets lower than +45. Sasayad sa fenders ang mga ganyan. Word to the wise.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    go 15 and slap on thicker tires (50+).

sa umpisa ka lang matutuwa sa bigger rims. i used to have 17s with 40 series tires. i got to a point that i didn't want to drive a little more careful (especially when going fast in metro manila roads) in exchange for the porma points.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2P34 View Post
    Nice car ! Malaki ba ang difference sa fuel consumption pag nag change ka ng wheels ?
    The bigger the tire the more contact on the road surface your engine works a little bit harder and of course it needs gas to power up. There is a diff but not that much, just avoid gunning your engine.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; January 30th, 2008 at 02:02 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ive seen some cities na naka 17 inchers. kaso kakatakot na! with naka 205/40/17

medyo delikado na

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kasya ang 17s. A lot of the Jazz-City United people ride on 17s.

I do caution you to GET WHEELS WITH OFFSETS GREATER THAN +45. I'm putting this in all caps because it's IMPORTANT. Anything less and your fenders will eat your tires. Chalk that up to the Jazz/City's suspension design.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kasya nga 18" inch mags sa Honda jazz the tires lang nga will be 215/35/18 series. manipis yung tires.
    For 16 inch mags try to get the tires with the highest height diameter preferable 50 series para you wouldn't be too nervous when hitting potholes.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    35? gosh. ang nipis na nyan haha!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    me, i'm planning to get a cvt 1.3 by next week... any word of advise of what to check on the day of release.... thanks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by e_chen View Post
    me, i'm planning to get a cvt 1.3 by next week... any word of advise of what to check on the day of release.... thanks
    hello!

i'm also planning to get a 1.3cvt 2nd qtr of this year! however i already did alot of research on the car (thru tsikot feedbacks) before finalizing my decision. there really isn't alot of things to be worried about the city. its a pretty good buy for the buck you spend. the only things you may need to check would be fitment of the rubber moldings/seals aroiund the doors, hood, trunk, etc. check the all around exterior for minor scratches on the paint.

i did a test drive today of the 1.5vtec cvt demo unit (no 1.3 demo fyi) and i really like the smoothness of the cvt! i'm sure you won't regret having one. however, please do not expect a very compliant ride (eg starex) coz the city is very light and has a mildly firm suspension tuning, so cornering at speed is very nice and solid.

HTH. enjoy your new ride! please post your feedbacks...

cheers!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    share ko lang

hehehe[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HKYKuIbjo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HKYKuIbjo[/ame]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mags for Honda City : 15 or 16 ?