New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'm a regular at the track, our group usually go once or twice a month and tried a lot of tires already. i'd recommend re002 for your needs, it's great both in the track and daily use. for track use though i find the re-11a the best though then achilles 123s, actually the 123s has better grip than the re-11a especially when there's only about 30-40% thread left. the only problem with the 123s is it's not really great for daily use, it's noisy and doesn't do well when it rains but for the price i won't really complain.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    I was chatting with the manager of Tyremart, as the tires of my ride is being replaced. They sell Dunlop and Toyo. During the course of the chat on tire comparison, she mentioned that Bridgestone is the best, and Michelin somewhat so-so, for the reason its not suited in tropical climates.

If you're after Michelin, katapat daw ito ang Toyo. That what she said. The Toyo's are still made in Japan, but not for long as they're eyeing other Asian spots to build their tires from.
    I referred your comment about Michelin to the manufacturer that its not suited in tropical climates since I'm also hunting for a new set of tires and here's the reply: "When introducing a tyre product in a particular country Michelin will ensure that the tyre has already been tested to the climate and road conditions of the particular country to ensure safety for Michelin customers. Please be assured that Michelin tyres sold by Michelin in countries with tropical climate are suitable and safe for use in that country. The Michelin Six-Year warranty applies in the Philippines. You can call the local Michelin office at (02) 771-2368, for more information. Thank you The Michelin Facebook team."

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    On the contrary, I've heard Michelin tires last way longer than any tire out there. It's downside is, magsasawa ka sa kaka-antay mapudpod parang mapalitan

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Been using Michelin sa truck, so far ok ang performance nya compare sa Bridgestone. As long as new stock yung ibibigay.
    Medyo mas mahal pero for my use sulit na rin

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    The stock michelin that came with my car dati lasted five years. Replaced them when one of the tires had exposed steel wires na. Ganun katibay yung michelins. I dont know bakit sinabi ng manager na hindi suited sa tropical countries yung michelin, yung din ang gamit sa india and thailand.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd favor that which is locallly manufactured.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have replaced after 10 years and ~50,000KM the stock tyre that came with my car; it was GoodYear NCT5. I was looking for the same brand and model pero phase out na daw. Now I have Goodyear Accenture. Let's see how far it will go kung sino mas tatagal, additional 10years on the car or few years of the tyre.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0k0y View Post
    I have replaced after 10 years and ~50,000KM the stock tyre that came with my car; it was GoodYear NCT5. I was looking for the same brand and model pero phase out na daw. Now I have Goodyear Accenture. Let's see how far it will go kung sino mas tatagal, additional 10years on the car or few years of the tyre.
    Wag mo paabutin ng 10 years gulong mo.
    Dapat 4 years after tire manufacturing date palit na yan. Delikado na pag masyadong matagal

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there are many factors affecting tire reliability. but its age is one of the easiest things to determine.
    are we giving tire age the right amount of credit, or are we giving it too much credit, because we do not know whom to give the other credits to...?
    consider also that some of these researches are based in temperate locales, or in countries where the speed limit is what you like..
    scanning the internet, the age range of safety varies... write-ups indicate as young as 4 years to as old as 8, even 10 years, depending on other conditions.
    in the philippines, how many of us change tires at age 5 years?
    btw, michelin phils warranties its tires for 6 years, according to #12 above.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 4th, 2015 at 02:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Yokohoma.

there's no "best brand" really as each tyre will also vary depending on the model and market. I've encountered POS tyres from most manufacturers already (the old Bridgestone Duelers h/t, Goodyear Eagle NCT 3, Yokohoma S306, the old Dunlop LM702, one of the old Michelin Energy tyres, etc.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Yokohoma.

there's no "best brand" really as each tyre will also vary depending on the model and market. I've encountered POS tyres from most manufacturers already (the old Bridgestone Duelers h/t, Goodyear Eagle NCT 3, Yokohoma S306, the old Dunlop LM702, one of the old Michelin Energy tyres, etc.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
If given the choice, Bridgestone vs Goodyear vs Michelin