New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Medyo mataba pala entrada bro. kita ba bakal from the inside?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    makikita dun sa butas mismo.kung may putol na ung alambre..pero alanganin ung butas niya.mas ok pa sana kung sa gilid na mismo pwede pang tapalan.
    The tire just swallowed the hole up again. I will pry it open a bit to see if may natamaan.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Medyo mataba pala entrada bro. kita ba bakal from the inside?
    Tumagos yung ngipin sa loob. Pero wala ako nakita ibang bakal other than yung ipin.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Bro para sure gawin mo nalang spare. 4 wheel rotation ka nalang instead of 5. Sa ertiga mo ba? alloy din spare diba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Yes allow din.

Nasa spare na talaga yun. Takot din ako gawin main na yun since 10k ang rotation ng gulong sa Erti.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Yes allow din.

Nasa spare na talaga yun. Takot din ako gawin main na yun since 10k ang rotation ng gulong sa Erti.

How many km have the rest of your tires travelled? I'd feel safer using a tire that's too fresh relative to the rest, than a tire that's been deeply punctured.

Hard to tell how bad the puncture was from your pic, but if it's deep, I'd automatically relegate the damaged rubber to spare tire duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How many km have the rest of your tires travelled? I'd feel safer using a tire that's too fresh relative to the rest, than a tire that's been deeply punctured.

Hard to tell how bad the puncture was from your pic, but if it's deep, I'd automatically relegate the damaged rubber to spare tire duties.

30000km.

The spare, that is now a main, had probably 20000km.

The punctured tire is now a spare. So, when I buy new tires I will need 3. Two as mains, one as new spare.

Would buy 5 but imma short on money.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You won't really need a new spare, you can keep your rotation with just 4 tires and keep the spare for the next 5 years (just replace it after that, or never drive fast if you're using the spare).

Touring tires like the Duraplus fitted on the Ertiga usually last about 40-50,000 km. So you're still quite a long way from replacing. Since you rotate tires, I would expect that all 4 tires would all be due for replace at the same time instead of just per pair - that's what I experienced with my car since I rotate tires every 10,000 km. The rear tires were slightly thicker and were probably good for another 5,000 km but I prefer to replace all 4 at the same time.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    OT, but talking about spare tires, I keep mine over-inflated to 45 psi (normal is 30 psi), i read or saw this somewhere, and i think it's meant to keep the pressure longer because it's rarely checked.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    How would i know if a steel belt is damaged?

Aside from visible exposed steel cords, look out for a short pencil shaped bulge at the sidewall. It may or may not appear at once. If it is there it will eventually become a bigger slug shaped bulge and burst.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast