New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello! I really want to refurbish my mags. Kasi medyo nag tutuklap na yung paint gawa ng mga weewee ng dogs ko (hay nako). Anyway, with that I want to find out if I were to change my tires, how low can I go. By the way yung paparefurbish ko stock mags ng ford lynx 03. i think ang wheel off set nun ay 14x6.5x40 yata. What tires should I buy kasi I want to go a bit low. And then, is it advisable to to go low, syempre pag pinanipis ang tires, mas mabilis mapudpod kasi mas madaming ikot na mangyayari sa gulong diba? ok lang po ba yun? need advise sa inyong marurunong sa cars aesthetics and quality. Im a complete idi0t pagdating sa kotse.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The bigger problems are that the thinner rubber will be less protection for your mags from potholes... and that going too thin will transmit more shock to your suspension from potholes and ruts..

Not to mention the fact that your speedometer will be way off... so you won't know how fast you're going... and your effective gearing will be lower, giving you worse economy on the highway...

And your odometer will be incorrect, also... which means it'll be more difficult scheduling oil changes.

Go to http://forum.fordclubph.com ... lots of Lynx owners there... you can see different wheel-tire set-ups and get an idea of what's nice on your car. 15" with 50 or 55 tires is a pretty good one... but with the wheel-wells of the Lynx, even 19" is possible if you've got the guts to pull it off. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Does that mean i cannot go much thinner then? Thanks man.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can go as thin as you want to... it's just that you must always bear in mind the safety of doing so and the need to keep your overall wheel diameter the same as stock or similar to stock.

The most common tire sizes that are applicable to the Lynx are as follows:

195-55-15 (perfect) / 205-50-15 (undersized) / 205-55-15 (over)
    195-50-16 (perfect) / 205-45-16 (slightly undersized) / 205-50-16 (slightly oversized)
    205-40-17 (perfect) / 205-45-17 (too big)

If you want to go low profile, you need to upgrade to bigger mags.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I see, thank you. I dont think im financially ready to buy new set of mags, that's why.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi, i just bought a new set of wheels pra sa city ko halos same lng tyo ng stock wheels dimension.nwei ngyn my city is rolling on 205/40/r17 so far wala pa namang problema tho aun nga medyo matagtag nd bumagal ung arangkada. pero who cares, kanya kanyang trip naman yan eh., sa evangelista in makati madaming mura dun. nakabili ako ng brandnew 17' lenso rims sa evangelista..for 30k plus you can sell pa your old set of wheels, kaso syempre dapat may tiyaga ka na isaisahin ung mga shop dun para mahanap mo ung the best deal ika nga hehe =) goodluck

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Talagang ganon maganda lang tignan pero suffer and riding comfortability mo.Tama sabi mo kung saan ka masaya sundin mo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For any car you can use the tire size calculator"

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp?postId=906

or to make it simple use miata tire calculator"

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Just remember, the overall /outside diameter should always be the same or as close as possible para wala ka problema sa speedometer reading mo.
    Last edited by GoThicbLuE; November 28th, 2009 at 01:53 AM.

How Low Can I Go