New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    wasn't sure if this is the correct forum for this. mods, please move it if necessary.

apparently, one of my mags is "oblong" na daw, probably because I used to have bad shocks and there were times when I had flat tires, and I had to run it while it's flat to get to a gas station, etc. Exag naman cguro yun term na oblong, maybe nde lang perfect circle.

anyway, i really like the mags and it just pisses me off that it's "ruined". is there a way to fix this? A friend told me that it may be possible to "reheat" it, but may affect the structural integrity.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your friend is right when he said that reheating or "heat denting" Alloy mags will compromise its strength. In fact, it won't do you any good since the circumference should be to the exact specs of the mold it came from.

Trying to heat it at high temperatures will change its metal composition and most likely make the circumference worse than before.

My cousin went over a center island before and ruined 2 of his Enkei mags no chance na daw to save it.

fixing "oblong" mags?