New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sirs, hope anybody here can share how to DIY cleaning of aluminum mags. it would be of great help.mahal magpalinis. TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    sirs, hope anybody here can share how to DIY cleaning of aluminum mags. it would be of great help.mahal magpalinis. TIA
    You can try buying those wheel cleaners. Meron sa S&R buy 1 take 1 for 300 yata. Mr. Clean brand.

Also try using Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    How to clean the mags? Easy... shampoo the car then isabay mo na rin yun rims using a used wash mitt.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I use joy detergent and a baby bottle brush to clean the spokes and get brake dust out. I also make it a habit to dismount the wheels, clean the backside, and throughly brush the area under the fender, plus the other suspension bits as well.

After every trip, I'd wipe brake dust and other debris off with a clean wet shop rag. Avoid parking your car where dogs roam and pee everywhere, or cover your rims if this cannot be avoided.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    pede bang metal polish

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    if di matangal mga grease meron sa snr sr yung mr clean aluminum mags and tires na cleaner last time nasa mga 200 plus lang yung pero 500 ml plus na yun. it works!

DIY cleaning aluminum mags?