New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I phoned S&R today and they offered me the crosscontact at 9,800 per tire with 3+1 promo (265/65R17)

Any feedbacks or thoughts on these tires? Will need to replace my stock G902 on my Montero GLX 2014 very soon.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    9,800 but you only need to pay 3 tires? That puts a whole set at P7,350 each. Really good value since other tires at that range are mostly from budget brands.

Continental is Continental. 😊

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Wow that is really cheap. Continental is oem to a lot of premium euro cars like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo among others. Of course those tires are a different size for a different segment so quality may vary. What we know is the oems that are supplied to the EU market are good. Most likely the ones sold here will be made in the Asean region for proximity to market and built for our conditions so I am really curious about the quality as well.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    There is a catch though, promo is only until April 25 and... My tires will still last probably around 5k-8k

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    There is a catch though, promo is only until April 25 and... My tires will still last probably around 5k-8k

How long will it take you to travel that last 5-8k km? If it won't take a year, just get the Conti and stock them up in your house first until you really need to change.

As long as the tires aren't exposed to harsh elements, its integrity should remain intact throughout its 5-year shelf life.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Around 4-6 months at most. Hmmm i haven't thought of that. Thanks. :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yep, get them already. Most likely when S&R replenishes stock the price will be higher. Price of everything seems to be going up right now.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    They are even seller ng michellin primacy SUV at 9300 each

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bought a set since the current tires for the Montero already needs replacement. From the thread pattern looks like mostly road tires which are what I need. Availability is still 3 weeks from order.

Also got the same promo (3+1) for Altis tires last September, this was the Kumho Ecsta IIRC.

Good buys from SNR.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Bought a set since the current tires for the Montero already needs replacement. From the thread pattern looks like mostly road tires which are what I need. Availability is still 3 weeks from order.

Also got the same promo (3+1) for Altis tires last September, this was the Kumho Ecsta IIRC.

Good buys from SNR.
    Which Kumho Ecsta? I was inquiring for my Altis before, they didn't carry Kumhos for my size daw (225/40R18).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Continental ContiCrossContact LX2