New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ask ko lang kung ganito ang damage sa mags kailangan na bang palitan o hindi? Di ko rin sure anong piece tong nakalodge between the tire and magwheel di ba pwedeng hugutin nalang? Pinacheck ko kasi sa casa yan dahil balak kong iclaim insurance for the body damage and tinuro rin yan sakin, baka hiwalay pa raw ang charge diyan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    if the damage to your wheel happened together with your body damage, that should be considered as 1 incident only. Thus, your insurance claim should cover the body damage and wheel damage.

in my case, i had body damage and wheel damage that happened in one incident. my mags are not the original mags for my car but i had it covered in the insurance policy. the casa repaired the body damage but left the wheel damage untouched. the insurance company offered to pay for the cost of one mag wheel instead of having it repaired, which i agreed upon.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    if the damage to your wheel happened together with your body damage, that should be considered as 1 incident only. Thus, your insurance claim should cover the body damage and wheel damage.

in my case, i had body damage and wheel damage that happened in one incident. my mags are not the original mags for my car but i had it covered in the insurance policy. the casa repaired the body damage but left the wheel damage untouched. the insurance company offered to pay for the cost of one mag wheel instead of having it repaired, which i agreed upon.
    Thanks sir. Medyo OT na pero ask ko na lang is it normal for insurance companies to "decide" whether I can claim my insurance or not? Yung nag-assess kasi ng sasakyan ko kanina sa Ford Otis sinabi once I submit my application for insurance claim I have to wait for their go signal, and baka daw interviewhin pa raw ako bago sila magpayag na paayusin yung sasakyan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    comprehensive insurance ka dba, saka un mags na nadamage e kasama sa coverage.

normal lan tanungin ka kung ano nanyari.

sent via LaTE Network

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    just sharing what happened to me. i dont know if its the correct procedure but i dont find anything wrong.

case 1:
    i had a self-inflicted accident. damaged my rear passenger door and one mag wheel. mags are aftermarket mags but had it included in my policy. my car is covered with comprehensive insurance. i got my insurance from standa*** insurance c/o toyota. i had the ff documents prepared: affidavit (instead of police report), photocopy of OR, my driver's license, insurance policy; and pictures. the estimate is also needed but since i'm claiming it in toyota, they are kind enough to provide the cost estimate. toyota provided a cost estimate for the repair of the door. the door just needs some straightening and paint, the damage is not extensive to recommend a door replacement. a simple pok-pok, masilya and repaint will do the trick which i also agreed. but for the mags, normally they would replace the damaged wheel but since it is aftermarket, they asked me how much i bought the set of wheels and they offered my 1/4 of my acquisition cost since only one wheel was damaged. i willingly agreed, thus they reimbursed me that cost. ofcourse i had to pay my participation fee. i only paid 1 participation fee since the damages were incurred in one occasion only.

case 2.
    had a big accident. the front of the car was heavily damaged. prepared the same documents as above. but had some issues with the cost estimate from honda. when i brought the car at honda for the estimate of repair/replacement, they gave me one. thats the one i submitted to the insurance company. the insurance company then provided the 'go' signal and the loa for honda to proceed with the repair. but during the repair, honda further discovered that there are other parts that needed replacement which was not included in the 1st estimate. honda had to prepare an addendum cost estimate and had to submit it to the insurance for another round of approval. bottomline, i had everything repaired but it took longer compared to the 1st case above.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    just sharing what happened to me. i dont know if its the correct procedure but i dont find anything wrong.

case 1:
    i had a self-inflicted accident. damaged my rear passenger door and one mag wheel. mags are aftermarket mags but had it included in my policy. my car is covered with comprehensive insurance. i got my insurance from standa*** insurance c/o toyota. i had the ff documents prepared: affidavit (instead of police report), photocopy of OR, my driver's license, insurance policy; and pictures. the estimate is also needed but since i'm claiming it in toyota, they are kind enough to provide the cost estimate. toyota provided a cost estimate for the repair of the door. the door just needs some straightening and paint, the damage is not extensive to recommend a door replacement. a simple pok-pok, masilya and repaint will do the trick which i also agreed. but for the mags, normally they would replace the damaged wheel but since it is aftermarket, they asked me how much i bought the set of wheels and they offered my 1/4 of my acquisition cost since only one wheel was damaged. i willingly agreed, thus they reimbursed me that cost. ofcourse i had to pay my participation fee. i only paid 1 participation fee since the damages were incurred in one occasion only.

case 2.
    had a big accident. the front of the car was heavily damaged. prepared the same documents as above. but had some issues with the cost estimate from honda. when i brought the car at honda for the estimate of repair/replacement, they gave me one. thats the one i submitted to the insurance company. the insurance company then provided the 'go' signal and the loa for honda to proceed with the repair. but during the repair, honda further discovered that there are other parts that needed replacement which was not included in the 1st estimate. honda had to prepare an addendum cost estimate and had to submit it to the insurance for another round of approval. bottomline, i had everything repaired but it took longer compared to the 1st case above.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience sir. First time ko lang kasi magpapasok ng sasakyan for insurance, and wala akong matanungan for the standard procedures. Nangyari kasi to without our parents knowing (they're abroad right now) and sana mapaayos namin bago bumalik sila :lol: