New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Yung federal nga ba ay joint ventures ng Dunlop at Bridgestone ? Ok kaya performance at yung cost?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    Yung federal nga ba ay joint ventures ng Dunlop at Bridgestone ? Ok kaya performance at yung cost?
    Three of my officemates use Federal.

One uses it on his daily driver Getz. Maselan and kuripot (ganda ng kombinasyon ) pero he has no complaints about Federal.

The other uses it on his Revo that does double duty as people carrier (3 kids with yaya) and business hauler (fabrics). He also frequently travels fully loaded to Bulacan or Quezon. No complaints din so far.

The third uses it on a 90s model Legacy with a 2.5 turbo engine from an STi. He smokes boy racers routinely when the light turns green.

Last time I bought tires for my own ride was around 8 years ago. I got Bridgestone GR80s because my wife knew someone who gave us a huge discount. If I were to buy a set now I'll ask if our Bridgestone contact can still give us a good deal. If not I'll go straight to Payless

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post

Nope! Federal is a Taiwanese tire maker. Its not a joint venture between Dunlop and Bridgestone...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Alam ko mahal sa Payless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Alam ko mahal sa Payless
    Haha. Wala kasing pasensya pumunta ng Blumentritt or wherever. Baka ma-oblong bigla ang gulong

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^ ano store name maganda bumili sa blumentritt?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    Yokohama G902 is more expensive than Bridgestone dueller
    just because Yokohama was grouped in Mid-range brand tires does not mean it will be cheaper than Bridgestone which was grouped in Premium brand tires. it also does not automatically mean all Yokohama tires are inferior in comparison to Bridgestone tires. it's still case-to-case basis.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yokohama A drive used to be common about 4 years ago. I don't know about today.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Yokohama A drive used to be common about 4 years ago. I don't know about today.
    When A-Drive production shifted to PH, sales seemed to dwindle. I also received feedback that PH-made A-Drive's are more prone to blowouts.

Too bad, because the A-Drive was a great mid-range tire in terms of performance.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    When A-Drive production shifted to PH, sales seemed to dwindle. I also received feedback that PH-made A-Drive's are more prone to blowouts.

Too bad, because the A-Drive was a great mid-range tire in terms of performance.

Well that's a shame. I bought A-drive in 2010 partly bec. they are made in the Philippines.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast