New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Any reactions regarding this one. Kasi i've read and heard a lot that those big chrome rims eh bawal na. Is it just the chrome wheels? To those people girl/boy owners of chromed rims comments and reactions please.Yung mags ko, 2 months old palang. Any experiences na nahuli na or nasita na regarding their rims.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to a friend who's an LTO officer, any kind of modification to your car is illegal. Even changing the size of your tires is illegal. It's just that they don't apprehend these kinds of violations.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, even engine mods like aftermarket filters, headers, ignition controllers, etc are supposedly illegal based on LTO rules.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    WTF?!! As in lahat?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pero bakit hindi ma enforce tong rules na to? kaya wala natatakot eh kaya lahat ng mods pwede padin.. hindi kasi na eenforce

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    WTF?!! As in lahat?
    Well, yeah. I've known about it for many years even before the speed-limit discussion years ago on tsikot.com. But its never enforced.

I find the law kinda weird. I am not even sure what was the thought behind it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    pero bakit hindi ma enforce tong rules na to? kaya wala natatakot eh kaya lahat ng mods pwede padin.. hindi kasi na eenforce
    For one, there is no clear cut guidelines. Given that, even the installation of an aftermarket car alarm can be considered illegal.

The law about it is pretty much vague about specifics, probably the same goes for the intelligence level of the original author of this law.

And given there is no moral problem about cars mods in general, the law is pretty much ignored by everyone.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That's pretty dumb.

Top Gear Philippines has the lowdown on what is and isn't street-legal on an old issue of Robby Consunji's column "Wheels of Justice." Turns out the law is from 1964 and so it offers only very general guidelines.

Nothing mentioned there that prohibits mods apart from the obvious: no red lights in front, no strobes or sirens.

Perhaps a study of the motor vehicle code is in order before LTO people spout such sweeping statements such as "all modifications are banned"?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The restrictions are not clear. If it were to be enforced, placing tint can be considered illegal.

And I would really doubt if this will be enforced, because if it will be ... god, please help me. :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    What the f?! "Batas" na ba yan? kung hindi, hindi ka nila pwedeng hulihin. pag hinuli ka sila kasuhan mo dahil hindi pa ito batas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bawal na daw ang blingbling mags?