New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Mga sir/mam, tatanong ko lang kung advisable ba na umiskor ako ng 17 na chrome? Reason ko lang talaga ay maganda at maangas tignan kase pag ganitong mags e para sakin. Ang problema lang mga sir/mam 'di ko alam disadvantages sa paglalagay ng ganitong type ng mags. Kailangang kailangan ko po tulong n'yo kase medyo malapit nako umiskor nito e, hinihingi ko po mga sir/mam tulong n'yo para naman 'di ako magsisi 'pag bumili nako nito. Tsaka kung approve man po kayo, ano po ba advisable na goma (size and brand) para sa mags na ganito?
    Budget ko lang po ay 'yung mga 'di branded (mga nakikita ko sa West Ave, Tuazon, and Mapua) 'di kase kaya ng budget mga tamang Dub e,hehe.
    Oto ko po ay '93 Honda Hatchback.
    Salamat po mga sir/mam in advance sa maaadvice nyo

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    help po mga sir/ma'm

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you want 17" wheel then go for it. If you dont know the right offset of your car then ask the seller what is the right one for your car. This is important to avoid rubbing the tire on your fender or wheel well.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ok lang 17" pero madami na ko naririnig na mas malaking rim, mas matagtag ang ride. pero sa opinion ko lang bro, mas gusto ko sa civic hatch, 15" lang na rim para saktong sakto at mas maporma siya sa tingin ko. ikaw bahala bro, pero research research ka muna about dyan kasi mawawala ka sa standard niya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to check if you can take the harsh ride quality with 17" wheels and the care you will need to prevent them from getting damaged on our roads. Also tires for this size wheel are expensive.

Big wheels on a civic might look "maangas" but everyone will know you will be dead slow if it comes to speed. Big wheels are heavy and will result in slower acceleration and increase fuel consumption as well.

IF you drive through areas with lots of humps and potholes, you'll probably damage your wheels in less than a couple of months of use.

My suggestion is to go 15s or 16s with the proper tire size for either.

I suggest you canvass along Evangalista, Makati or Araneta or Banawa in QC to see what wheel design appeals to you and what would it cost you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have 17 "on my car" from stock 15"

Heres my experience.. I first look for mags that compliment "bagay" sa body color ng oto and theme, in your case you said its chrome. Choose correct bolt pattern, the tire shop will advice you on this, mine is 4x100 PCD...also the right offset, mine is +42. Select tire size, as GH said they are expensive, mine I choose 215/40 series.

Experience when using 17".. acceleration suffered, parang di na sya kasing lakas humatak sa starting.. but when you gain speed malakas pa rin, takot ka na sa mga lubak kahit maliit sa humps dati deretso lang ngayon I cross it diagonal. Medyo matagtag on CDA, more stable on high speed, better grip on the road since malapad na sya kaysa stock.

Sa porma 100% satisfaction.. BTW if you can help not to sell your stock tires para incase you need to go places or out of town na maraming bad roads then back to stock muna..

Lastly I inflate it with Nitrogen and I felt it slightly improve my acceleration and the harsh ride has reduced.

Sabi nila mabilis daw mag deteriorate ang suspension since di na standard ang mags, I just made sure that I inspect it always and if you feel something wrong check mo agad... HTH

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I have 17 "on my car" from stock 15"

Heres my experience.. I first look for mags that compliment "bagay" sa body color ng oto and theme, in your case you said its chrome. Choose correct bolt pattern, the tire shop will advice you on this, mine is 4x100 PCD...also the right offset, mine is +42. Select tire size, as GH said they are expensive, mine I choose 215/40 series.

Experience when using 17".. acceleration suffered, parang di na sya kasing lakas humatak sa starting.. but when you gain speed malakas pa rin, takot ka na sa mga lubak kahit maliit sa humps dati deretso lang ngayon I cross it diagonal. Medyo matagtag on CDA, more stable on high speed, better grip on the road since malapad na sya kaysa stock.

Sa porma 100% satisfaction.. BTW if you can help not to sell your stock tires para incase you need to go places or out of town na maraming bad roads then back to stock muna..

Lastly I inflate it with Nitrogen and I felt it slightly improve my acceleration and the harsh ride has reduced.

Sabi nila mabilis daw mag deteriorate ang suspension since di na standard ang mags, I just made sure that I inspect it always and if you feel something wrong check mo agad... HTH

FC noticeable ba ang difference sir?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    FC noticeable ba ang difference sir?
    My sedan, Vios 1.5L to be exact FC I think a bit but not that significant.. I got the light weight Lenso samurai so ang weight nya is magaan din, and Im using Nitro kaya na offset.

Isa pa I am gentle on the gas pedal now since I care much of my mags kaya sa change on driving habit na rin siguro

On my old 2003 4x4 frontier noon from 15" to 17" mags yun malaki ang napansin kong FC increase.. from somewhere 11km/L, I can only get 9Km/l after the upgrade... mabigat din kasi yung mags na nakuha ko..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    My sedan, Vios 1.5L to be exact FC I think a bit but not that significant.. I got the light weight Lenso samurai so ang weight nya is magaan din, and Im using Nitro kaya na offset.

Isa pa I am gentle on the gas pedal now since I care much of my mags kaya sa change on driving habit na rin siguro

On my old 2003 4x4 frontier noon from 15" to 17" mags yun malaki ang napansin kong FC increase.. from somewhere 11km/L, I can only get 9Km/l after the upgrade... mabigat din kasi yung mags na nakuha ko..
    thanks gonzo,

one more Q, ilang psi ang usual pressure sa 50/45 seires tires on sedan?

TIA

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    advantages lang ng larger rims than stock is sa looks and to a degree improved handling due to the thinner tires.
    however be prepared for slower acceleration and lower fuel economy due to the larger and heavier tires. personally na experience ko na ito with my expy (from stock 17's to chrome 20's) ang solution ko is upgrade the ECU with a piggyback superchip, bumalik yung dating hatak and fuel economy, dun sa isang ride ko (from 15's to 17's naman) walang gano nagbago sa acceleration, pero bumaba fuel economy niya.
    reg sa 93 hatch, 1.2l yata ang engine nya unless im wrong (or if na engine swap na), assuming 1.2 carb engine yan mukhang mahihirapan siya sa paghatak due to the larger/wider tires na ikakabit mo. so its a toss up between porma or speed.
    Last edited by bratski; March 15th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast