New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Sir, Any comment on KUMHO Solus KL21? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Solus KL21 is an entry-level tire. Don't expect much in terms of performance, but these tires last long. How much are you getting it for? And what size?

I would recommend higher end Kumhos like the Ecsta SPT KU31 and Ecsta LE Sport KU39 if you really want Kumho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Solus KL21 is an entry-level tire. Don't expect much in terms of performance, but these tires last long. How much are you getting it for? And what size?

I would recommend higher end Kumhos like the Ecsta SPT KU31 and Ecsta LE Sport KU39 if you really want Kumho.

Got it for 7k a piece (size235/65/r17) at evangelista with 2016 manufacturing date - actually my first choice is a GT HPY but they only have a 2014 production so i switched to kumho.
    Now my concern sir is - after reading a comments regarding with this tires, it is that true that this tire blown up easily? Thanks for the comment.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006

These tires come as OEMs for Kia and Hyundai SUVs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    it is that true that this tire blown up easily? Thanks for the comment.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by allan-kurt View Post
    Got it for 7k a piece (size235/65/r17) at evangelista with 2016 manufacturing date - actually my first choice is a GT HPY but they only have a 2014 production so i switched to kumho.
    Now my concern sir is - after reading a comments regarding with this tires, it is that true that this tire blown up easily? Thanks for the comment.
    235/65R17, so presumably it's for a CUV.

The HPY is a good passenger car tire but I don't think you need that grippy of a tire for an SUV. The Solus is just an entry level tire, but it's comfortable and quiet enough, and should last you around 40,000 km or more.

Regarding blow-outs, the Solus is known to have soft sidewalls, but since you already bought the tire, just take care of the tire to maximize its lifespan. Make sure that the tire is properly inflated - check the correct tire pressure located on the driver's side door.

And a tire's reputation in forums doesn't necessarily make it a bad tire. Many Solus owners who have no problems will not complain about it online, but the few who do will make lots of noise.

Bottomline, you already have the tire, so just live with it. Any comment on KUMHO Solus KL21? Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    235/65R17, so presumably it's for a CUV.

The HPY is a good passenger car tire but I don't think you need that grippy of a tire for an SUV. The Solus is just an entry level tire, but it's comfortable and quiet enough, and should last you around 40,000 km or more.

Regarding blow-outs, the Solus is known to have soft sidewalls, but since you already bought the tire, just take care of the tire to maximize its lifespan. Make sure that the tire is properly inflated - check the correct tire pressure located on the driver's side door.

And a tire's reputation in forums doesn't necessarily make it a bad tire. Many Solus owners who have no problems will not complain about it online, but the few who do will make lots of noise.

Bottomline, you already have the tire, so just live with it. Any comment on KUMHO Solus KL21? Thanks!

Thanks you I really appreciate it!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sa experience ko, the rubber seem a bit on the soft side. I mean parang madali siyang mapingas/shred. Doesn't seem to be serious since gilid/edges lang but first time ko lang maka-experience ng ganitong gulong.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Sa experience ko, the rubber seem a bit on the soft side. I mean parang madali siyang mapingas/shred. Doesn't seem to be serious since gilid/edges lang but first time ko lang maka-experience ng ganitong gulong.

Ilang years/kilometers din tumagal yung gulong mo sir?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just got this tire with 225 60 R17 size from S&R. Sale kasi, less 500. Performs better than my stock Hankook Optimo K415. Free nitrogen fill every month, free tire rotation, wheel balancing every 6 months and free unlimited vulcanizing. I think it's a good deal.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801L using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast