New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    mga sir, tanung ko lang, for 20s and 22s rims/tires users, may mga tanong po ako.

ride: 2010 hilux

20s & 22s questions:
    - may rubbing issues po ba sa suv niyo when turning the steering wheel sagad?
    - ano po ang specs ng wheels (lapad) at tires (kapal & lapad)
    - sumasayad po ba?
    - kamusta po ang ingay/ugong at high way runs?
    - magkano po ang replacement ng 1pc ng 20s versus 22s na tires
    - ano po ang mga tires na available sa market at ano po ang mga price nila (i heard nitto, falken, nankang, etc), sana may picture mg thread ng gulong
    - totoo po ba yung nababasag yung mga mags na ito like concept one brand?
    - may effect ba sa fuel consumption after changing to 20s or 22s?

kung kayo po ang papipiliin, what would you choose for your suv

comments/suggestions are very much appreciated.
    help me decide

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Personally do not like this set-up...parang kalesa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Though it would really look nice especially if it's expensive bling, do remember that too much of something is always bad, and i'm pertaining to those 22's.

If you have plans on taking it off-road, having 20's would be really a bad idea. But knowing you sir paul ( saw your car * GT & * AEP ) I'd bet the .5 seconds of the air that I breathe ( sorry walang pera ... :hysterical: ) you wouldn't take such a nice Hilux same as yours off-road.

20's would be enough for me. It will look nice as long as you'd get the right offset and the right tires.

There are a few drawbacks though, for example ...

1. Upsizing the rims can make your ride a little bit harsher. Form > Function, definitely. But don't completely loose the function.

2. Having very thin tires can make your car look odd & make your rims more prone to breakage or aka bengkong. - Believe me, I've seen a hilux fitted with 17's and with very .. very thin tires. It looks stupid. Haha !

3. Scratching chrome rims be really a pain in the ass and in the wallet. I hope you're aware of it.

4. Fuel consumption would definitely suffer. Wider tires = more drag.
    Bigger rims = heavier = added weight.

I'm not aware of those rims cracking, probably those cheap taiwan made rims but concept one ? I'd doubt it. I can be wrong though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i have 20" TE37 Rota copy (275/45/R20) in our fortuner. i think they have the same wheel wells as the hilux. they look nice and, with no rubbing issues though the ride suffered a bit but not that significant.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Good Day Sir. Tanong ko lang kung saan mo nabili yung TE37 Rota copy mo. Thanks and God Bless.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tucson88 View Post
    i have 20" TE37 Rota copy (275/45/R20) in our fortuner. i think they have the same wheel wells as the hilux. they look nice and, with no rubbing issues though the ride suffered a bit but not that significant.
    Good Day Sir. Tanong ko lang kung saan mo nabili yung TE37 Rota copy mo. Thanks and God Bless.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Will try address most of your queries but honestly, it would highly depend on the specifications of: 1) the vehicle, 2) rim and 3) tire.

Mga sir, tanung ko lang, for 20s and 22s rims/tires users, may mga tanong po ako.

20s & 22s questions:
    - may rubbing issues po ba sa suv niyo when turning the steering wheel sagad? - This would depend if you use the correct rim offset and tire size.
    - ano po ang specs ng wheels (lapad) at tires (kapal & lapad) - This would depend on the rim width and offset
    - sumasayad po ba? - If you get the right rim and tire combination to suit your vehicle's specs, no. Otherwise, it's a risk.
    - kamusta po ang ingay/ugong at high way runs? - This would depend on the tread pattern of the tire
    - magkano po ang replacement ng 1pc ng 20s versus 22s na tires - A 22" Nitto tire cost 20k each
    - ano po ang mga tires na available sa market at ano po ang mga price nila (i heard nitto, falken, nankang, etc), sana may picture mg thread ng gulong - As mentioned, Nitto and Falken are good brands. I would suggest you get a (reputable) branded tire for this is a safety item of a vehicle.
    - totoo po ba yung nababasag yung mga mags na ito like concept one brand? - Hmmm, more likely DENT more than crack. But this should occur for most rims if run into a high-impact situation (i.e. running into a pothhole)
    - may effect ba sa fuel consumption after changing to 20s or 22s? - Definitely. The heavier the rim/tires, the more it affects (negatively) a vehicle's FC.

kung kayo po ang papipiliin, what would you choose for your suv - Really depends on one's taste. I personally prefer a dish-type or multi-spoked rim design.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Will try address most of your queries but honestly, it would highly depend on the specifications of: 1) the vehicle, 2) rim and 3) tire.

Mga sir, tanung ko lang, for 20s and 22s rims/tires users, may mga tanong po ako.

20s & 22s questions:
    - may rubbing issues po ba sa suv niyo when turning the steering wheel sagad? - This would depend if you use the correct rim offset and tire size.
    - ano po ang specs ng wheels (lapad) at tires (kapal & lapad) - This would depend on the rim width and offset
    - sumasayad po ba? - If you get the right rim and tire combination to suit your vehicle's specs, no. Otherwise, it's a risk.
    - kamusta po ang ingay/ugong at high way runs? - This would depend on the tread pattern of the tire
    - magkano po ang replacement ng 1pc ng 20s versus 22s na tires - A 22" Nitto tire cost 20k each
    - ano po ang mga tires na available sa market at ano po ang mga price nila (i heard nitto, falken, nankang, etc), sana may picture mg thread ng gulong - As mentioned, Nitto and Falken are good brands. I would suggest you get a (reputable) branded tire for this is a safety item of a vehicle.
    - totoo po ba yung nababasag yung mga mags na ito like concept one brand? - Hmmm, more likely DENT more than crack. But this should occur for most rims if run into a high-impact situation (i.e. running into a pothhole)
    - may effect ba sa fuel consumption after changing to 20s or 22s? - Definitely. The heavier the rim/tires, the more it affects (negatively) a vehicle's FC.

kung kayo po ang papipiliin, what would you choose for your suv - Really depends on one's taste. I personally prefer a dish-type or multi-spoked rim design.

Hi guys, buhayin ko lang tong thread na to.

Vehicle is 2015 Montero and I replaced my stock mags with the following...

Tires with the following specs:
    - 265/50r20

Wheels:
    - Size 20x9
    - Offset 12

Overall naman no problem. Pansin ko lang when reversing and nakapihit pakaliwa, parang may rubbing? Pero pag pakanan na pihit naman parang wala. Kapag reverse lang to. Kung paabante wala naman problema.

Anyone with the same experience?

TIA.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20" user here on a 2010 CRV

no rubbing
    ride became harsher but bearable naman
    I feel better because of its looks.
    guttermarks is an issue but hard to avoid (don't buy the super expensive ones so it wont hurt as much)
    dont mate it with super skinny tyres. you need some buffer to avoid bengkong.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    My 2014 CRV runs on 255/45R20s. VS stock, you will feel the difference in comfort. The stock tires absorbs road imperfections without any problems. With upgraded tires, there is a change in ride, but not that bad, the over-all play of your suspension still factors in a lot on the comfort. Handling and grip has improved. Throwing the car around corners reduced the boat feel. The grip has been excellent too. With stock tires, it used to slip going up the garage's driveway. Now, even if it's rainy, my tires are steady and composed. Also note that, my tires are thicker than the suggested size for my CUV. The recommended size for mine is 245/45R20s.

My only other car that rides on 20s is a 2010 Montero Sport. Currently, it is on 275/50R20. It is lifted by 2" using a Dobinson kit. Planning to upgrade the tires to 295/50R20 for a more robust look. Kaso 50% more expensive ang upgrade ng tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
20s & 22s concerns/users