New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Best Tire for my 2006 Honda City? Size would be 185-55-R15. Will be buying a pair next weekend.

Currently considering 2 options:
    1. Yokohama C Drive * 3700
    2. Bridgestone Potenza RE030 * 4000

What would you recommend. I am not considering Goodyear Assurance anymore because of some bad experience. Also cannot buy because of unavailability here in Pampanga.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    Best Tire for my 2006 Honda City? Size would be 185-55-R15. Will be buying a pair next weekend.

Currently considering 2 options:
    1. Yokohama C Drive * 3700
    2. Bridgestone Potenza RE030 * 4000

What would you recommend. I am not considering Goodyear Assurance anymore because of some bad experience. Also cannot buy because of unavailability here in Pampanga.
    is cost an issue? the yokohamas should be good enough.

and could you elaborate on your experience with goodyears?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Cost is not an issue. Just need a reliable set for daily driving. Factors are they should add comfort, should be silent and should last longer, and not prone to bukol or any usual defects.

One of my 6 mos. old goodyear assurance tire ay nagkagasgas sa loob dahil ni-running-flat ko daw according to a technician. I did not really run it totally flat, just under-inflated. When I got to the tire center, it still has 15psi. It was losing air due to a nail.

So would the 300 additional cost for Potenza worth it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Running it at 15 psi is running it flat.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    Cost is not an issue. Just need a reliable set for daily driving. Factors are they should add comfort, should be silent and should last longer, and not prone to bukol or any usual defects.

One of my 6 mos. old goodyear assurance tire ay nagkagasgas sa loob dahil ni-running-flat ko daw according to a technician. I did not really run it totally flat, just under-inflated. When I got to the tire center, it still has 15psi. It was losing air due to a nail.

So would the 300 additional cost for Potenza worth it?
    Try mo tumingin ng neuton at maxxis tires, maganda ang review ng 2 brands na un. Potenza para sa kin e pangkarera lang, don't expect na matagal mapudpod ang potenza, high performance tire ang category nyan, pumili ka ng touring type. 1 pang ok e ung bridgestone my01. madami ka mapagpipilian. Pero ang marrecommend ko e un maxxis z4s victra, puro positive ang review.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If there are michelin, they are also good. But between the 2 you afre referring to, much better to use Bridgestone. They are very reliable and durable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Avoid purchasing Goodyear Assurance tires. I bought a set of four in January this year. Just after a month, the sipes or slits where the waffle blade system (as they call it) are located, opened up. I already went to the distributor (Hi Performance Alabang) and had just the two front tires replaced, due to budget constraints. I just learned that Goodyear has this policy of replacing defective tires, but you have to pay them depending on how much wear the used tires have incurred.

Bridgestone, Michelin, and Dunlop are better brands.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if ok lang ang cost, get pirelli tires... I wouldn't get goodyear again..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Avoid purchasing Goodyear Assurance tires. I bought a set of four in January this year. Just after a month, the sipes or slits where the waffle blade system (as they call it) are located, opened up. I already went to the distributor (Hi Performance Alabang) and had just the two front tires replaced, due to budget constraints. I just learned that Goodyear has this policy of replacing defective tires, but you have to pay them depending on how much wear the used tires have incurred.

Bridgestone, Michelin, and Dunlop are better brands.
    Yaaiks! Kala ko pa naman naayos na ng goodyear ang lineup ng tires nila. Buti na lang madami ng choices

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok din michelin pilot preceda around 3.9k each. You can upgrade to 195-55-15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
185-55-R15 Tires Recommendation