New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I think you really have to consider your daughter's daily commute and what the car will be used for. Kung puro lubak yung dadaanan nya, get 16's or, better yet, stick with the stock 15's. More compliant ride and less expensive yung gulong at mags pag nasira. Yung advantage lang talaga naman ng 17's (aside from the pogi points) is that, with the larger footprint and lower profile, you 'theoretically' get better handling and shorter braking distances. But you would really have to be pushing the car to notice.
    On the other hand, you also have to consider that for most young people, looks are the overwhelming consideration no matter what the disadvantages. I also own a '94 Accord and I switched to 215/50-17's around 2 years ago. OK naman. Di masyado nabago yung ride kasi mataas pa rin yung sidewall. And since medyo pasok yung mags at may rim protector yung gulong, di naman madaling magasgas. But I have to qualify that I do most of my driving sa NLEX where I dont really have to worry about hitting giant potholes that seemingly come from nowhere.
    Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would still prefer a 15" for comfort and fogee points.
    but since you are asking between a 16 and a 17, i would prefer a 16, on series 50 tires.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if your slapping it sa accord 94, then 17's or 18's would be the best ww to go... IMO, 15's na stock niya so if your gonna upgrade then go at least 2 sizes higher para noticable ang difference.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    17" would look really
    nice on the accord.

just go for 45 series.
    i think the overall
    diameter will be larger
    if you use 50 series.

40 series is just for show.
    we had 2 tires blown when
    we hit a cat's eye sa lipa,
    batangas. after that, we
    decided to use 45 series
    on our corolla.

another advantage of
    using low profile rims is
    that in case of a blowout,
    konti lang ang binababa
    nung gulong. nung pumutok
    yung gulong namin, kumabig
    lang ng konti yung manibela.
    we were travelling at around
    120 kph, with 4 passengers.
    kaya ko lang nalaman na
    pumutok is when i went down
    to check on the tires after
    hitting the cat's eye. which
    wouldn'y have happened if
    we were using the stock 14's.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Me and my family really appreciate the advices everyone had given.

After reading the last entry in this thread, me and my daughter immediately went back to Evangelista St. in Makati at around 14:00.

We did not go back to Wheelhaus anymore, instead we went to Master Fix and we opted for 5 Concept One VR-GTV 16 inch, and 5 Bridgestone Adrenalin 205 50. Installation, nitrogen air, stainless valve, 1 set of Sparco nuts, balancing and wheel alignment were all free. Took almost 2 hours for the whole job.

Wow! The wheels changed the look of the Accord. Fantastic. Medyo nagkaporma.

After that, we went driving around the C5 to check it out. It was okay. Di matagtag. And the 16 inch VR-GTV looks like a 17 incher.

Tomorrow, I will post here the picture of the Accord.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Don't forget to tell us how much was the damage...btw..a 'before' and 'after' pic would be nice to see. Congrats again.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The 16 inch rims look like 17 because they're actually 17 inches in diameter. The 16 is just the usable width of the wheel where the tire actually gets into contact with the wheel.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Don't forget to tell us how much was the damage...btw..a 'before' and 'after' pic would be nice to see. Congrats again.
    Here it is: Damage is 52K

Before and After

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, hindi ko trip yung mags... (no offense sir)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    IMO, hindi ko trip yung mags... (no offense sir)
    Its ok. We have our own tastes naman. At that time, nilibot na namin buong Evangelista. The problem with Accord 1994 is that its 4h 114.3 and its very hard to find a decent looking mags, especially those with 5 spokes . Most of the beautiful ones are either 4h 100 or 5h 100.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
16 or 17 Inch? Which Would You Choose?