New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Is there an update to this? ... Are there Lexus mechanics / shops aside from the dealer? ... How about Lexus parts supplier? ...
    hi walter,

try calling Cruiser parts in Paranaque if they can source the parts for your Lexus, 0917 9264757.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Any luck in finding an alternative shop (and parts source)?

Lexus Manila just quoted us Php 350K for a brake booster replacement on a 2009 LS 460.
    Hi Sir, how much is the labor cost per hour at Lexus Manila?

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Recently brought our 2017 GS350 for 10,000km PMS, brake pads needed to be replaced and was quoted 12k by Lexus Manila, I declined it and bought the brake pads through Rockauto.com, spent around 10k including shipping BUT... the price is for 4 sets of pads (2 set front, 2 set rear) against only a set of front brake pad at the casa, had it installed by our in house mechanic so no labor charges there

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Recently brought our 2017 GS350 for 10,000km PMS, brake pads needed to be replaced and was quoted 12k by Lexus Manila, I declined it and bought the brake pads through Rockauto.com, spent around 10k including shipping BUT... the price is for 4 sets of pads (2 set front, 2 set rear) against only a set of front brake pad at the casa, had it installed by our in house mechanic so no labor charges there
    Wow, 10k and they already asked you to change the brake pads.
    Currently on 24k kms and still using the original brakepads for nx200t.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sabi ng shop who maintains my subaru, same parts lang daw with toyota ang lexus, mag iiba lang daw price if you say its for a lexus, but its the same exact part.. true ba?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sabi ng shop who maintains my subaru, same parts lang daw with toyota ang lexus, mag iiba lang daw price if you say its for a lexus, but its the same exact part.. true ba?
    Some are identical. Shop online.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The IS350/ES350 series of Lexus uses the same 3.5L V6 engine of the older Camrys. Iba lang ata tuning. I think the ES350 uses the same platform as the Camry.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    In our case, yung rear brake pads ng GS350 namin is exactly the same as our 2012 USDM Toyota Sienna

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    When i get consumables like oil and air filters for IS350, I always say for camry or alphard if they are asking for the car make. In my experiences, stores tend to add a few pesos or hundreds for "luxury" brand consumables.

Oil filter of FJ cruiser, Prado 4.0, and IS350 is exactly the same as well but different part numbers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c_cube; February 20th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    When i get consumables like oil and air filters for IS350, I always say for camry or alphard if they are asking for the car make. In my experiences, stores tend to add a few pesos or hundreds for "luxury" brand consumables.

Oil filter of FJ cruiser, Prado 4.0, and IS350 is exactly the same as well but different part numbers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Well, yeah, if the same engine, most probably same parts. hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast