Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Very Nice Lexus LF-A.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Very Nice Lexus LF-A.
    The good side is, it's design looks very nice and the performance is top-notch.

The bad side is, NO TURBO ENGINE?! The LFA's engine is Naturally Aspirated?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    350k * 46 = 16,100,000 (lalo pa pag dinala dito yan times 2 mo pa ata)..mukhang nissan lang naman

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Did some research about this. Akala ko Lexus was gonna have a hard time selling this car. Nope ... there are thousands and thousands of rich folk on the the waiting list. And just to be on the waiting list, you need to cough up 10,000 dollars (non-refundable pa ata). Tapos halos kalahati na ng 500 units ay pre-sold na. So these thousands and thousands of people are fighting over only about 250 cars.

Sa Harrod's UK, 35 of the 100 to be given them were pre-sold in under 2 weeks.

Nyek, akala ko ba may global financial crisis at credit crunch?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yes, yes it's a very good car and congratulations to Lexus for making a supercar to compete against the big boys. But charging £300,000+ for a car that's basically just a posh Toyota is insane. And what's the power output, something like 550 BHP? Talk about more for less. Lets not forget a while back Mercedes would sell you the 626 BHP SLR for around £300k and Porsche would sell the 613 BHP Carrera GT for around the same as well. And as super cars those beat the Lexus in terms of power, looks and badge.

To be honest I do like the LF-A*. It's a good looking car that gets out of the boring stereotype that all Japanese cars are tall boring white hatchbacks. But if you're going to challenge the big boys and charge the same amount of money they do, you better have come up with something pretty special and have the stats to back it up and unfortunately the LF-A just isn't special looking enough for me.

If people out the have the money to fork out that much for this car then full power to them. I know if I could I would buy one in a hurry but I just can't get over the fact that they're charging £300k+ for one. But remember, one could buy a Lambo Murcielago SV for around £250k and those are limited editions. All I'm saying is that if Lexus is going to charge huge amounts of money they better offer up huge amounts of power and to me 550 BHP isn't a lot when you compare it to the other supercars on the market. 670 BHP in the SV for £50k less. I think thats the only time a Lamborghini will ever be better value for money than a Lexus.

Ultimately though, what I think the LF-A is is just a big marketing ploy. I think it's what the Ford GT was for Ford and what the 8C Competizione was for Alfa. It's just a car to bring interest into the company and bring in some of its styling onto other cars in their range.

*Everything that is except for the ghastly steering wheel. It is truly an awful piece of design. Couldn't they make up their minds whether to have a carbon or leather steering wheel so they just put random leather bits on it as a compromise? It makes it look, dare I say it, cheap. And tacky. It looks like some aftermarket job. And I am on the fence about the excess vents. If it's not mid-engined then what's up with those side vents and vents at the back? I really don't think people's golf clubs need that much cooling. Well except maybe Tiger Wood's wife's golf club perhaps..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    The good side is, it's design looks very nice and the performance is top-notch.

The bad side is, NO TURBO ENGINE?! The LFA's engine is Naturally Aspirated?
    It's a V10.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nz_alfa View Post
    Yes, yes it's a very good car and congratulations to Lexus for making a supercar to compete against the big boys. But charging £300,000+ for a car that's basically just a posh Toyota is insane. And what's the power output, something like 550 BHP? Talk about more for less. Lets not forget a while back Mercedes would sell you the 626 BHP SLR for around £300k and Porsche would sell the 613 BHP Carrera GT for around the same as well. And as super cars those beat the Lexus in terms of power, looks and badge.

To be honest I do like the LF-A*. It's a good looking car that gets out of the boring stereotype that all Japanese cars are tall boring white hatchbacks. But if you're going to challenge the big boys and charge the same amount of money they do, you better have come up with something pretty special and have the stats to back it up and unfortunately the LF-A just isn't special looking enough for me.

If people out the have the money to fork out that much for this car then full power to them. I know if I could I would buy one in a hurry but I just can't get over the fact that they're charging £300k+ for one. But remember, one could buy a Lambo Murcielago SV for around £250k and those are limited editions. All I'm saying is that if Lexus is going to charge huge amounts of money they better offer up huge amounts of power and to me 550 BHP isn't a lot when you compare it to the other supercars on the market. 670 BHP in the SV for £50k less. I think thats the only time a Lamborghini will ever be better value for money than a Lexus.

Ultimately though, what I think the LF-A is is just a big marketing ploy. I think it's what the Ford GT was for Ford and what the 8C Competizione was for Alfa. It's just a car to bring interest into the company and bring in some of its styling onto other cars in their range.

*Everything that is except for the ghastly steering wheel. It is truly an awful piece of design. Couldn't they make up their minds whether to have a carbon or leather steering wheel so they just put random leather bits on it as a compromise? It makes it look, dare I say it, cheap. And tacky. It looks like some aftermarket job. And I am on the fence about the excess vents. If it's not mid-engined then what's up with those side vents and vents at the back? I really don't think people's golf clubs need that much cooling. Well except maybe Tiger Wood's wife's golf club perhaps..
    Zing! Nicely done with that joke there at the end. heheh

I have to agree. This car is just the epitome of overpricing. Give me the 300k+ Euros and I'll buy a Cadillac CTS-V, a Corvette ZR-1 and a bunch of other cars and I'll probably still have change left over for mods and gasoline bills.

You're also right about that steering wheel. It left me speechless for a moment.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Japanese TV commercial:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIBR9mcIQk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- LEXUS LFA TV CM Music by O.N.O[/ame]

Why they put a TV commercial for the LFA, even if this is not for sale 'till next year?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...d=family-autos

From the article:

"But simply having the $350,000 to buy one of the 500 LFAs Lexus plans to produce won't be enough: Buyers must be tapped by the company to be owners. People selected to purchase the car will be based on factors such as the other cars they own, where they live, and how often and where they drive. Potential buyers must apply through an authorized Lexus distributor."

Hanep sa marketing. Tara na, apply tayong lahat.
    Last edited by leonleon; January 20th, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I'd rather buy a gt-r plus 5 or more cars for the value of the lf-a.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Production Lexus LF-A