New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    From Top Gear PH

As we reported in May, the all-new Lexus NX compact crossover is scheduled to be launched in our market at the end of next month. We wrote that story when we got the invite to attend the global press launch of the NX in Whistler, a resort town in Canada. The driving event was held early this month, and to make a long story short, Top Gear Philippines was the sole Filipino media entity during the activity.

If you haven't heard about the Lexus NX yet, it's a compact crossover that will compete with the BMW X3 and the Audi Q5. It shares development with the current Toyota RAV4, but the finished product is a vastly different vehicle. True enough, we didn't notice a single panel or button shared between the NX and the RAV4 during our time spent with the new Lexus.

With two engine options (a new turbocharged four-cylinder and a hybrid), various trim levels and two-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive options, there are many possible permutations for the NX. Our market will get only three, but don't worry: We're getting the best ones. Here are the NX variants arriving on our shores very, very soon:

* NX300h (AWD)

* NX200t F Sport (AWD)

* NX200t (AWD)

While we don't have official prices yet, it's obvious that unlike the popular IS compact sedan, the NX won't get the JPEPA advantage of having much lower tariffs. That's because its two available engines are smaller than 3,000cc. The first engine is a new 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder mill--a first for Lexus--under the hood of the NX200t. The other engine is a hybrid powerplant inclusive of a 2.5-liter gasoline unit, and that's for the NX300h.

We also learned that the NX300h will arrive first, followed by the NX200t after a few months. So those who want an F Sport-kitted NX will have to wait longer.
    Here are the Lexus NX variants we will be getting in our market | TopGear.com.ph

IMO this can easily be Lexus' best selling vehicle once it starts selling here. Currently, the RX is Lexus' best selling vehicle and now with the NX (being cheaper) will for sure sell well. It will be introduced in our local market this August 28. I heard P3.3M daw, if that's the case panalong presyo yan!
    Last edited by tidus1203; July 15th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nice! Looks like a cross between an RX and CTh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Potential looks good! Coming from Lexus, I hope it will be a better value for money option than a comparable European model.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Saw this is person and it looks small. Am I the only one that thinks it looks hideous? At 3.9M, I'd still choose the RX over this anytime.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I'm starting to see the NX200t on the road. At a price of about 2.9M, people would be very interested. Hope to see the NX200 F sport

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    saw one being towed. its not even out in the market for very long and it already breaksdown. :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    I'm starting to see the NX200t on the road. At a price of about 2.9M, people would be very interested. Hope to see the NX200 F sport
    I have a few neighbors with new NX. It looks very stylish but I wonder if it will age well as too many curves increases "sawa" factor (think modern Hyundais).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    I have a few neighbors with new NX. It looks very stylish but I wonder if it will age well as too many curves increases "sawa" factor (think modern Hyundais).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    4m for this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think that's the hybrid. A cheaper alternative to our usual x3, q5, xc60

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    So the regular 2 liter turbo is 2.9m?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast