New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I am buying a 2nd hand Kia Carens, and found 2-3 at good price (500-550K), all 2012, mileage range from 10K to 30K. Ok ba ang 2012 Carens? Any serious issue on this year model? What are the important parts to check, it is my first time to buy a 2nd hand, any tips?. How to know if any issue with the turbo? Is it reliable? and how about parts and maintenance?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Id go Japanese my mom has the carens at 2012 and dami sira pang ilalim at 30t kms. Spent 30k for the pms last week. Tsk tsk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Hi,

I am buying a 2nd hand Kia Carens, and found 2-3 at good price (500-550K), all 2012, mileage range from 10K to 30K. Ok ba ang 2012 Carens? Any serious issue on this year model? What are the important parts to check, it is my first time to buy a 2nd hand, any tips?. How to know if any issue with the turbo? Is it reliable? and how about parts and maintenance?

Thanks
    One way of checking the turbo is to inspect the air filter/cleaner canister for oil leaking from the intake port. There shouldn't be exhaust fumes & should have a sour smell after it has warmed up. Also check the injectors by flipping up the plastic cover. There shouldn't be oil pooling around the injectors.
    What is the reason for the sale?