New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Forgetting pets or even kids inside a locked vehicle. What could be worse for any parent or guardian? Especially in a hot country like Da Pilipins? [emoji30]

Hopefully, this can be standard in all vehicles someday.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...kids-pets.html

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using Tapatalk[emoji16]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^that will be the time when engineers consider all car users to be DUMB enough to forget their companions in the car

what a sad day it would be

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa AMERICA lang needed yan, daming bobotanga dun.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sa AMERICA lang needed yan, daming bobotanga dun.
    Right! Sa pinas naman sa trunk naiwan yung bata... so kahit may alert ek ek system bale wala din

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I won’t pass judgment on those people. But if this safety feature can prevent child deaths, why not?

30 some-odd years ago, nobody wore seatbelts. When the government enforced the seatbelt law, andaming nag compain.... kesyo di namn daw sila tanga at maaaksidene. Pero ano nangari? Everybody wears one now. Automatic na sa karamihan pag sakay ng car.

Compared noon, mas pre-occupied din mga tao ngayon, what with all the distractions, pressure, et al. It’s only a matter of time. That feature is another layer of protection for the child, a safety net. I’m all for it.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I won’t pass judgment on those people. But if this safety feature can prevent child deaths, why not?

30 some-odd years ago, nobody wore seatbelts. When the government enforced the seatbelt law, andaming nag compain.... kesyo di namn daw sila tanga at maaaksidene. Pero ano nangari? Everybody wears one now. Automatic na sa karamihan pag sakay ng car.

Compared noon, mas pre-occupied din mga tao ngayon, what with all the distractions, pressure, et al. It’s only a matter of time. That feature is another layer of protection for the child, a safety net. I’m all for it.
    Exactly my point as well. People may disagree and think it's superfluous and not essential, until the day comes when it happens to them or someone they love and then they think, 'sana pala may ganun tayong feature sa sasakyan natin.

Kapag sobrang busy na tayo minsan nakakalimutan natin wallet, cellfone, etc naiiwan natin sa kung saan-saan, kaya hindi malabong mangyari yung mga scenario na nangyayari sa ibang bansa.

People always think, that's never going to happen to me or my family/ friends. Until it does.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Family Car Road Crash – Best Gore

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Exactly my point as well. People may disagree and think it's superfluous and not essential, until the day comes when it happens to them or someone they love and then they think, 'sana pala may ganun tayong feature sa sasakyan natin.

Kapag sobrang busy na tayo minsan nakakalimutan natin wallet, cellfone, etc naiiwan natin sa kung saan-saan, kaya hindi malabong mangyari yung mga scenario na nangyayari sa ibang bansa.

People always think, that's never going to happen to me or my family/ friends. Until it does.
    That's going to be good for vehicles with 3 or more rows since the driver may not realize he has a stowaway sleeping on one of the rear seats or the floor.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

People tend to rely too much on automation that sometimes makes them forget the basics...

Same sa aviation that rely too much on automation na nawawalan na ng skill yung pilot..

Nice to have pero sana hindi mawala yung "basics" sa driving.. some people don't even check their vehicles before they drive...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Well, recently, a woman passenger got left behind on an airplane in Canada.

The Philippines may be a third world country, but the stress we are all experiencing -- from traffic, to work, to family, to pollution, etc. -- are anything but third world. All this make us prone to make mistakes -- small ones and big ones.

How could a passenger be left behind on an Air Canada plane? And could it happen in Australia? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

How could a passenger be left behind on an Air Canada plane?

"Ms Adams says she fell asleep "less than halfway" into her 90-minute flight to Toronto.

"I got super comfy reading my book, happy I scored my row all to myself," she said on Facebook.

But Ms Adams said a few hours later, around midnight, she woke up alone on the plane, in complete darkness, with her seatbelt still buckled around her.

The plane had been parked and she could see the lights of Toronto's Pearson International Airport in the distance."

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast