New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posting to give others a heads-up on how was my experience with Kia Metroeast (which is now under Autoklassiks management)

I am a owner of a 2011 Kia Rio EX 1.4 A/T vehicle. Last July 16, 2013, my car got hit at the left rear by a jeepney.

I have been bringing my car to Kia Metroeast for the last four (4) Preventive Maintenance of my car. Even before the management was changed from AutoCircle to Autoklassiks (which I believe is the same management with Kia Acropolis). When It was still under AutoCirle, I had no issues whatsoever, until it went under Autoklassiks for this concern.

On July 18 (Thursday), I brought my vehicle to Kia Metroeast for insurance claim to repair the damages.
    July 20, on wards was the evaluation and estimate phase etc. July 24, according to them they already submitted the estimate for evaluation of PNB Gen.
    It took a little while for the LOA to be released. Sadly, I did not receive any "pro-active" updates from them. If I wont text to check the status, I wont know anything. And the contact person provided to me was not customer oriented either, every time I follow-up and she then calls me its like she is always in a rush to end the conversation and "pabalang" in giving the info and answering my queries.

July 29 I already seek the assistance from the casa where I got the insurance. My contact person there has been very kind and helpful ever since acquired the policy. She then got in touch with PNB Gen and the next day July 30 LOA was released, thanks to her help. She even exerted extra mile by pro-actively sending me a copy of the LOA via email. So then I informed Kia Metroeast confirmed that it has been faxed to them also. She stated on her SMS, if parts are available repair will be completed in 1-2 weeks. She will check parts availabilty the next day July 31.

July 31, they called me to inform me that the "rear end panel" is not locally available and needs to be ordered from Korea.
    It is first needed before they can proceed with repairs.

August 1 -5 did not heard from them so I texted on August 5 to check status. The contact person handling my case said that still awaiting for rear end panel and other parts are now available.

From August 6 onward I still did not receive and proactive status.
    I made a follow-up on August 9 and common response is "still awaiting rear end panel" -- no details? no ETA? and it goes on the next few weeks.

August 29, Rear end panel arrived from Korea and they sent me a text that repair is on-going. Which I think was great, after the long wait.

So then I took note of the 1-2 weeks ETR since all parts are now available.

Last September 18 was my car's 2nd monthsary in Kia Metroeast and is on the 3rd week from August 29.

Since August 30 to date, I did not receive any proactive info or updates from them. I always initiate by sending a text to check the progress.
    I also made random visits to Kia Metroeast September 3 and 10 and the common sight I see is that there is no one working on my vehicle.
    And the contact person handling my case is starting to get into my nerves because there is no warmth nor customer empathy from her.
    My visit last September 3, they said 1 more week. Then September 10, they said that "it will not reach next Saturday"

I have a few questions in my mind what was being done from Aug 29 to Sept 3?
    Like wise from Sept 3 to 10 and Sept 10 to 16?
    Though I understand, the past weeks weather has been varying.
    But I just felt that the intervals seems to be a bit long and the progress is extremely slow.

I am very, very frustrated on how they handled my case. It appears to me that repair/fix is not continuous.
    Parang pache, pache gawa ng iba ibang units.

Although I also saw several units for body repair when I visited and I got an information that Metroeast changed contractor for the body repairs but still I think they should still be able to meet promised deadlines. I dont know how the process or flow is for body repairs but, if they think manpower is not enough then they should not accept some more repair jobs na baka mag cause na ma-pending *** mga naka una sa pila.

I remember from my September 10 visit, I asked "wala bang naka tutok na gumagawa sa unit ko" then contact person said "kumuha pa nga po kami ng isa pang latero *** tutukan po *** sa inyo" I'm not sure if I interpreted it correct but similar to the previous line, kung marami na sila tinanggap na for repair then panindigan nila - they should add people to work on it.

I also have to mention that buti na lang kahit pano heaven sent me an angel, giving us updates with photos pa nga eh everyday since Sept 16, he is NOT EVEN KIA EMPLOYEE. Ibang tao pa talaga ang nag uupdate sa akin.

Last Septmeber 18 as mentioned was my car's 2nd month in Kia Metroeast.
    And some sort of a follow-up was made through a social media and Kia Metroeast said to me that unit will be released on MONDAY.

And I was like what? last time they mentioned IT WILL NOT REACH the coming SATURDAY (September 21) and then now they're saying MONDAY (September 23). So the personnel replying to my post checked again with said final date is SATURDAY (September 21) 4pm. Na if im going to digest it, may balak pa sila i-delay ang gawa.

I am extremely frustrated. I would feel a little better sana if people in Kia Metroeast were friendly, empathetic and proactive in giving me updates, specially in this case na napaka tagal na. And take note this is only a Rear/Quater Panel repair, not even a total wreck!

Magaling lang sila when I was first visiting them, in short magaling and magiliw lang kumuha ng cliente but once they got you, after sales SUCKS. A sad truth. If they treat other clients like this too, they will lose 'em and they are ruining the Kia Metroeast name. The previous management AutoCircle (which has transferred to Kia Marcos Hi-way) was okay and I had no problems with them a few more friends from Marikina with Kia vehicles can atest to this because they also bring their vehicles to the Original Kia Metroeast previous management.

I already sent a complaint to Columbian Autocars and I hope they will check Kia Metroeast/Autoklassiks. What's behind the delays, what happened when they changed contractor for body repairs etc. And the people, they should be customer oriented specially in these times. I definitely did not felt "Family like Care" from them. (as their service slogan states)

A very very frustrating experience indeed...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hindi lang naman sa Kia ganyan.. ganyan talaga pag matagal dumating ang parts.. malaki ba damage at hindi na pwedeng gamitin yung sasakyan?? sana hindi mo muna pinasok para nagamit mo muna yung sasakyan.. then nung dumating na yung parts tsaka mo pinasok sa casa.. biruin mo 2 months nasa casa yung oto mo.. baka tinubuan na nang kabute yun don.. o kaya 2 months ginawang kama nung mga workers..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hindi lang naman sa Kia ganyan.. ganyan talaga pag matagal dumating ang parts.. malaki ba damage at hindi na pwedeng gamitin yung sasakyan?? sana hindi mo muna pinasok para nagamit mo muna yung sasakyan.. then nung dumating na yung parts tsaka mo pinasok sa casa.. biruin mo 2 months nasa casa yung oto mo.. baka tinubuan na nang kabute yun don.. o kaya 2 months ginawang kama nung mga workers..
    hi sir qwerty! your comment taken. but that is not the whole point of my post
    its the quality of service and the personnel's customer service.

there is a part 2 to my post pala. mga backjobs from repair.
    here goes:

Just a continuation of my issues with Kia Metroeast.

So I finally got my Kia Rio unit last September 20 (Friday) but as I and my brother inspected, there were mis-alignments on the quarter panel, bumper and trunk lid. The trunk lid is to tight on the right side, you need to exert effort to close it but too much force will cause scratches and dents on the bumper. You can also feel its tightness on the latch handle, extra effort is needed to pop out the trunk but gently because the latch might break. But since it is already the weekend, body repair team told me to test it out for the ride na rin and bring it back the following week for the backjob. This is backjob # 1.

I returned the unit september 24 (Tuesday) and promised me two (2) days to have this fixed. Though they met the 2-day promise - I got the unit September 26 (Thursday) and as I checked the mis-alignments were fixed but I noted several issues again over the weekend. Due to rains, I encountered leaks from tail lights causing moisture and my whole compartment cover is all wet and damp dun tumatagos ang leak. It seems it is not attached properly and lacks sealing. This is Backjob # 2

And another one, the muffler was not properly attached or hooked, it is loose and shakey.
    I can feel and hear it everytime i pass over a hump. This is Backjob # 3

And the list goes on:

> Clips/fasteners missing - my brother and i found that there were missing clips/fastners, these are the plastic like screw to mount the inner trunk carpet. likewise the screws for the plastic part where the trunk locks is not present either and also the ones under the bumper.

> And take note the collision was at the back of the unit why do you need to thinker under the dash now my stereo has static.

> Trunk actuator should have been included in the repair not the rear wind shield.

Nakakapagod na magpabalik balik (

They said before the unit is released, it undergoes "QC" - quality control.
    Really? so this is quality? --> Mis-alignments, maraming missing parts etc.
    Like the others, I also choose to have my car fixed at authorized Kia Service Centers to get quality and workmanship according to Kia standard. But nakakalungkot, kasi this is what I got?

What I am feeling right now is beyond frustration and disappointment.
    I hope they will do something about their service and body repairs, I dont know what it is could be the people? the process?

What did I ever do to deserve all these from Metroeast? I am one of the loyal customers and I even introduced Metroeast to ClubRio. When their customer relations joined, I personally added her to FB group, she right away took all the contact info the members and instantly got prospective clients.

Another sad truth when I first came in to get my unit, talagang pinagbayad pa ako ng participation fee after all the delays and hassles. And upto that moment I didn't even hear and feel empathy from the contact person provided to handle my case mailap sya, cold and couldn't look me straight in the eye. Wala rin ako narinig na "Pasensya na po kayo" from her....

They totally lost me from this experience.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kung ako yan at puro palpak at may mga nawala pa sa iba na lang ipagawa.
    Nakaka frustrate talaga yan sir.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I pity you bro. Like you, I'm a satisfied customer of Autocircle. Kia Pasig pa sila noon, then Metroeast. Sinundan ko si Ronan Flores (SA). But then they sold Metroeast and put up shop sa Cogeo, I thought malayo so I tried metroeast again with it's new management when my next pms came up. I did not like the experience but won't provide details na lang. I made sure that I watched the servicing but even that did not provide me the comfort of getting the best service. I decided immediately right after that I will not be going back. A few weeks ago, I contacted Ronan Flores to check if he will be transferring to Pasig (their owner bought pasig back) but said he will not be. I told him to expect me on my next PMS there in Cogeo even if malayo pa.

I suggest you talk to the Service Manager of Metroeast and demand an immediate fix on your problem. It is your right as a customer.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Medyo sablay talaga yang Autoklassik.

Binili lang namin yun Sportage sa kanila (ACROPOLIS), after the first PMS, hindi na ako bumalik dun.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, all it takes is one service job to know that you don't want to come back.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Yeah, all it takes is one service job to know that you don't want to come back.
    Mismo, plus the fact na kuripot at magulo sila kausap. Kaya siguro nag resign yun agent ko dun

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    buti na lang sumunod ako sa kia marcos highway kahit sobrang lapit ko sa metroeast. maayos kasi kausap sina ronan. minsan talaga importante na suki ka.....