New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    Galling ng trend ngayon a, pababaan ng presyo
    Pero for 1m mas pipiliin ko tong bare sorento kesa dun sa bare MS. Hehe

well they ought to lower the prices of SUVs bec. the next trends will be mini-cars and vans. just came back from 3 Asian cities, it seems the trend there are smaller than suvs and mini-vans like the kia soul and its toyota counterparts.

in europe a year ago, i can see professionals driving even a lowly fiat mini-cars. Cars today are not status quo, they are point a to point b machines, it's not an issue anymore whether you have a good euro / jap brand, basta it can do the job from point a to b with standard safety and comfort features yun na yun.

dito lang sa P'nas talaga nakakapagtaka kumbakit puros SUVs pa din ang hilig. i've seen this ad from a philstar newspaper on a plane after a week of travel, hehe just about time when I justified myself in buying just a hyundai accent m/t or kia rio hb, tapos makikita ko ito ads ni columbian sa star. talagang the signs are talking to me lol i've been out the of the country for a week and witnessing how wealthy Asians just drive around with mazda2's, jazz's, mirage's, toyota aygo etc. and i can see that the need for smaller cars will be the trend in the future.

pass pa din ako dito sa Kia offer na ito coz SUVs are not attractive anymore in the coming 2-3 years.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ...dito lang sa P'nas talaga nakakapagtaka kumbakit puros SUVs pa din ang hilig...
    Hmmm ... why indeed? ... 1. High road clearance - we have awful road quality here in Manila as well as our provinces. It also gives us a level of confidence when it comes to our often flooded streets. 2. Big or Extended families - a 7 seater SUV would be much better suited than a small car.

Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ...pass pa din ako dito sa Kia offer na ito coz SUVs are not attractive anymore in the coming 2-3 years.
    I don't see that happening ... unless miraculously, in 2 or 3 years, our roads improve, flooding isn't caused anymore by anything less than a drizzle, or families become smaller.

But I do realize this is your own personal preference, just wanted to help you with how some people like me rationalize the purchase of an SUV over a mini.
    Last edited by albert_b; June 17th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ Sir, meet OB.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because suvs are versatile. Sabi nga nila, mall to maul. No changeover needed. I can use it to go to the clinic without worrying so much about floods or bad roads. Then I can be towing a disabled vehicle to help clear the road during rush hour. At night, I can use it to respond to incidents with lights and sirens and all my fire/rescue/medical gear on board. Recently I used it to respond to a 2 tire blow out on the slex and to tow my father's full sized vehicle home after it stalled. I just need one key, no need to transfer my gear, just get in and go. And during more formal functions, people dont seem to mind the ax and shovel on the roof.

We tried a Jazz once. After 2 years we were more than happy to see it go. About the only memorable thing it did was save gas. And scrape its underbelly on almost anything on the road. Hehe. I nearly ripped the bumper off twice just in normal driving. And tore the sidewall of the tire at Teriyaki Boy Banawe. And I dont think I can tow the MB100 home or the Hiace back to the office in a Jazz.

I have nothing against, small, economical cars but sometimes their lack of versatility for the tasks and road conditions I encounter makes suv's - even a 4x2 model, a more sensible choice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There is. Montero Sport 3.0 V6 4x2 AT 1.4M++.
    Thanks for the heads up. There wasnt one in 2010 when I helped a colleague purchase her MS.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks Starex... I didn't realize, I fell into the trap ;-)

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    may plano kaya mag labas ng base sportage a/t?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The attractive prices seems to be catching alot of attention. I prefer small cars. However I also love cars/suvs that have excellent ground clearance and can be flexible during floods. Hope the prices becomes a trend as I dont mind a bare car as long as the engine and ground clearance is there.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    parang getting a M/T suv right now is a bad idea kse bababa ang prices ng fuel to P30+ and P40+ respectively. that'll mean more saturation sa roads natin coz of affordable fuel.

so what will be your scenario now, driving a bigger car na hindi man lang maka-move ng greater ng 50kph. the reason why I got so interested with accent M/T is bec. nagmamahal ang fuel last summer. going back to M/T will be walk in the park coz lagi luwag kalsada.

pero ngaun hindi eh kasi nga no choice ang mundo kungdi mag-lower ng fuel coz China's growth slowed down. the demand for crude hindi na lalaki and therefore, ibebenta na ng pamura ng mga Arabo. and also looks like China wants to be self-sufficient in oil also kaya nga nagkakaroon ng mga territorial disputes eh

and so getting an M/T is just in tune to the signs of the times. naawa tuloy ako dun sa mga bumili ng non-vgt Montero M/T, malamang mahihirapan sila ngaun mag-drive around the metro. it's like bringing a Samsung Galaxy Note to a travel tour, it's big and it's maganda naman (like the Montero), pero pag mabilisan kasi ang kilos, the size of the iphone is better.

and so therefore, maraming bibili ng mga murang M/T suvs na ito, makakatipid nga sa initial investment sa cars, pero lalakas ang consumption sa food coz of stressful driving. at pag malakas ang consumption sa food, mas malaki ang chances magkarun ng diseases sa old age, and therefore, kailangan mas magastos ang retirement fund to be ready for hospitalization sa old age.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    ^ hindi ko makuha logic

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast