New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hi everybody, I'm thinking of getting a used 2010 Kia Sportage CRDi 4x4 AT. Any feedback from owners here (fuel consumption / maintenance / handling / etc)? Would you know if getting the CRDi variant would result in substantial fuel savings, even if it's AT? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spo1 View Post
    Hi everybody, I'm thinking of getting a used 2010 Kia Sportage CRDi 4x4 AT. Any feedback from owners here (fuel consumption / maintenance / handling / etc)? Would you know if getting the CRDi variant would result in substantial fuel savings, even if it's AT? Thanks in advance.
    I dont't have sportage but this model share almost everything in engine & mechanical parts as my 1st gen tucson so I can relate what would you expect in this SUV. FC is good and frugal if driven conservatively, maintenance is normal as other suv brand (change oil, oil filter & fuel in regular interval), normal spare parts are easy to find (stores like fronte, goodgear, seiring, etc), handling is also good and stable even at 150 KPH speed. Savings on fuel is of course substantial as compared to petrol powered suv of its class. What else I can say.. grab it if you find a good one & enjoy the torque of the CRDi engine. Just one important thing to remember: change the fuel filter regularly & check/clean the egr at least on 10K odometer reading. Wait at least one minute after the vehicle is stop before shutting off the engine. HTH

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    maganda yan sportage kaya nga bihira nagbebenta ng 2nd hand kasi ayaw pakawalan ng owner.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I own one before, 2007 model, CRDI 4x4, Smokey Brown,used it for more than 3 years. I'm very satisfied with it, fuel consumption is at 10Kms./L City Driving, the ride is satisfactory, the handling is good especially during cornering, it's very stable. My unit before also includes TCS (Traction Control System), you can turn it off or on by just pressing on the switch just like it's 4x4 activation. The only reason I sold my Sportage is becaure of it's chassis or engine number (can't remember), it starts with D3a7h. Very bad, I think.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Whats with D3a7h?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Whats with D3a7h?
    death. di naman siguro the fact na tumagal syo ng 3 years considering na unscathed ka ha and the passengers during the ownership.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda View Post
    death. di naman siguro the fact na tumagal syo ng 3 years considering na unscathed ka ha and the passengers during the ownership.
    Sir, during those 3 years, kahit nakapark, 3x din sya naatrasan, after that, we decided to sell it na. The next owner, after a few months, he end up having a broken windshield. Actually, it's not our first Kia Sportage, the first one just is defective, we can't activate the TCS, Kia replaced it with a new one. :D

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So I guess you have a 3rd Gen Sportage now?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    So I guess you have a 3rd Gen Sportage now?
    haha... not yet, but I'm planning to buy the 3rd gen, just the 4x2 CRDi, ipon mode muna... :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i have a 2009 4x2. I think pareho pa tayo na model sa 2010 series. My friend has the 2010 4x2 and a 2008 4x4 version. I have driven both his units as I wanted to compare with the problems I experienced with my unit. All three units had common problems with the front suspension, either ball joint, stabilizer, or another front suspension ang napalitan sa lahat ng tatlong unit. I noticed that the front doesnt absorb the road noise as when it was relatively new. I think this has something to do with the ball joint. I get 8km/liter on rush hour traffic driving. Change oil is not that expensive since it has a small diesel engine. Yung mahal lang dito yung brake pads at ang aircon microfilter.

Mataas na km/h siya nag cha-change gears. 2nd grear shift happens around 20kmh, 3rd gear shift happens at around 40kmh, while 4th gear shift happens at 60kmh. Malalaman mo kailan magshift when you put the a/t at the tiptronic position where you can control the gear shift. Except maski anong gawin ko, ayaw talaga mag shift to 4th gear before 60kmh. Setting talaga niya. However, I noticed when driving at the highway at 60-70kmh, from 2k rpm, biglang hihina ang rpm to around 1500rpm after a while, even though the gear remains at 4th (walang 5th gear)
    That said, I still plan to buy a 2nd hand unit again. Daming available na repo dito sa amin. Mababa ang resale value, which is good for those 2nd hand buyers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast