1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OO na Otep!!!

Sorento had me at hello...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's the complete list of accessories found on the EX model:

SAFETY:
    Driver and passenger airbags; ABS (Anti-lock Braking System); EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution); part-time all-wheel drive with transfer case

EXTERIOR:
    Front fog lamps; chrome grille; two-tone body paint; body cladding; roof rack; rear wiper and washer system

INTERIOR:
    All leather interior; wood grain paneling; silver interior accents; 60/40 split-fold rear bench

OTHERS:
    Power steering, door locks, windows and mirrors; aircon; stereo cassette with in-dash CD player and 6-speaker system; multi-meter (displaying altimeter, external thermometer, barometer and directional compass); keyless entry with immobilizer

for the LX, am sure it'll discard the following:
    - ABS, EBD
    - fog lamps, roofrack
    - leather interior, wood grain panel
    - 6-speaker system, multi-meter

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    baka naman magtaas ng presyo ang kia motors once they know that the demand for the crdi sorento is high? like the picanto..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Price will be dealer dependent.

I got the prices from Kia Quezon Ave. They are still selling everything at regular price. Even the Picantos.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by OTEP
    As of Novenber 2004 (from Kia Quezon Ave.)

Sorento LX dsl MT --- Php 990,000.00
    Sorento LX dsl AT --- Php 1,090,000.00
    Sorento EX gas AT --- Php 1,380,000.00
    It is a good value for the money if this is the price range for KIA SORENTO. I test drove this vehicle when I was looking for a replacement of my 7 year-old Subaru Sport Impreza Outback last March. This is one good SUV. But there was only 1 other new SUV that I tested better or has better value for the money, and which is the one I got recently.

I really thought the diesel version would go as high as P1.5 Million when I first saw the price for gasoline version of P1.3 Million. Good for you guys to get a diesel version. We never get those in the States. But then again, diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline in here. So it probably won't be as economical to get a vehicle with a diesel engine.

I recommend this SUV both for Value and PORMA. Reluctant about reliability though. But since they offer 10 year/100,000 miles warranty for KIA vehicles in the STATES, I considered this SUV as well, together with FORD ESCAPE, BMW X3 and finally, CHEVY Equinox.

Ciao Guys!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; November 23rd, 2004 at 04:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the HP is not something outstanding... just good. Pero torque of the CRDi is 340+Nm. Just to give you an idea. The GU patrol 4.5 gas is 350Nm.. and 3.0 GU diesel is 350+Nm. Its just as powerful as the Prado diesel engine sold locally, using the older Toyota engine.

I like the monotone version, mas maporma tignan.

Woah 10yr/100,000Mi warranty... now thats standing by your product, sana ganon din warranty nila dito. How about aftersales service? Parts? Maintenance costs? Fuel Economy figures?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jkyamog...

yes... almost at par with the Toyota Prado's engine.

BUT... the Kia's displacement is only 2.5L while the Toyota's displacement is already 3.0L.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    What do you think about this sorento with full body kit?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Another view

The Kia Sorento Thread [Merged]