New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kia Sorento - People's Choice for Automobile of the Year
    MOTORING TODAY By Ray Butch Gamboa SPMJ (The Philippine Star) Updated October 13, 2010 12:00 AM

Registering a total of 42,626 votes, majority of which were ballots from The Philippine STAR, the Kia Sorento came out the overwhelming choice in the public polls conducted for the BDO 2010-2011 Auto Focus Automobile of the Year – People’s Choice Awards besting the over 140 automobile models that were listed this year. With the much-coveted crown, the Sorento also bagged the title of Midsize SUV of the Year.
    The voting for this year’s polls were done either through ballots that appeared every Wednesday on the motoring section of the Philippine Star, which registered 3 votes each or those that were printed in the July, August and September issues of Top Gear magazine that were counted as 5 votes each. Single votes were also cast through the voting website, which were limited to only one vote cast per duly registered e-mail address during the duration of the 3-month polls to avoid multi-voting.
    For the 12 model categories the winners are; Kia Rio won as the Subcompact of the Year with the Toyota Vios voted as Runner-up. The Vios was ahead in the Top Gear votes but the Rio votes came cascading from PhilStar and On-line ballots.
    The newly-launched Chevy Cruze is the Compact Sedan of the Year with the Audi A4 as Runner-up.
    The Midsize Sedan of the Year votes went to the newly-launched Hyundai Sonata with the Audi A6 as Runner-up.
    The Porsche Panamera Turbo was voted again like last year as the Large Sedan of the Year with the BMW 7 Seriesas Runner -up.
    There was a tight contest for the Sports Car of the Year title as last year’s winner, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe came up with a lead of only 266 votes over the Runner Up, which is the Audi R8. The R8 was ahead in the PhilStar votes but was upended in the Top Gear and On-line voting.
    And in another tightly contested category, the slimmest margin this year was registered by last year’s winner the Isuzu Crosswindfor the title of AUV of the Year winning it for the 3rd consecutive year but this time with only 9 votes over the Toyota Innova that was similarly voted last year, as Runner-up.

In the van category, 2008-2009 Automobile of the Year from Columbian Autocar, the Kia Carens was voted as Minivan of the Year over Runner-up (similarly last year) from Toyota Motor Philippines, the Toyota Previa, with the Carens getting the bulk of its votes through On-line.
    Last year’s People’s Choice for Automobile of the Year, the Hyundai Starex got the public’s nod for the title of Fullsize Van of the Year with fellow Korean model the Kia Carnival as Runner-up, a similar one-two scenario of last year. .
    For the title Pickup of the Year the Nissan Navara was picked with last year’s winner the Mitsubishi Strada coming as Runner-up this year.
    The top-selling Hyundai Tucson won overwhelmingly over the soon to be replaced Kia Sportage in the Compact SUV of the Year race. The Tucson also garnered the second highest number of votes for the Automobile of the Year contest. The same models won last year replicating their individual places.
    While last year’s Midsize SUV of the Year, the Mitsubishi Montero came out Runner-up to this year’s pick, the Sorento.
    And finally, the Porsche Cayenne was again the public’s pick for Large SUV of the Year over the Suburban from Chevrolet, which came up as Runner-up.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=72

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Daming nakuhang award ng KIA...

Sorento also bagged the title of Midsize SUV of the Year.

Kia Rio won as the Subcompact of the Year with the Toyota Vios voted as Runner-up.

Kia Carens was voted as Minivan of the Year over Runner-up (similarly last year) from Toyota Motor Philippines, the Toyota Previa, with the Carens getting the bulk of its votes through On-line.

Hyundai Starex got the public’s nod for the title of Fullsize Van of the Year with fellow Korean model the Kia Carnival as Runner-up, a similar one-two scenario of last year. .

WOW!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kasi niluto ng Kia eh, kaya daming awards nakuha... Useless awards...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ano yan selos bro?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No just the truth... Hahaha how can Kia will all awards? Kia Rio subcompact of the year? Give me a break. Sometimes gotta use your head. The Sorento yes fair, Rio? Oh please...

Bakit naman din ako magseselos? I am not a Kia shareholder... I do own Ford stocks in the US though pero 3rd world sales will not affect it I can assure you hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The Midsize Sedan of the Year votes went to the newly-launched Hyundai Sonata with the Audi A6 as Runner-up.

There was a tight contest for the Sports Car of the Year title as last year’s winner, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe came up with a lead of only 266 votes over the Runner Up, which is the Audi R8.

Hyundai cars beating AUDI......

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No just the truth... Hahaha how can Kia will all awards? Kia Rio subcompact of the year? Give me a break. Sometimes gotta use your head. The Sorento yes fair, Rio? Oh please...

Bakit naman din ako magseselos? I am not a Kia shareholder... I do own Ford stocks in the US though pero 3rd world sales will not affect it I can assure you hehehe...
    me mga nagrereklamo nga na 6months di pa nakukuha sorento nila, luto?

E botohan kaya yan? saka local lang sa RP yan ano ka ba?

masyado ka yatang apektado?

chill out bro...use your head more.....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how can the Sorento be people's choice?

mas madami pa Tucson, Sta. Fe sa kalye

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di ako apektado, just saying the truth... If you wanna believe it then go ahead, I am much more smarter than that...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    how can the Sorento be people's choice?

mas madami pa Tucson, Sta. Fe sa kalye
    Cause niluto nga ng Kia! Last year it was HARI who rigged the polls. This year its Kia. You guys even believe these Autofocus polls?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Kia Sorento-People's Choice for Automobile of the Year....