New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rio5 View Post
    ang tinatanong po dito sa thread na ito yun mga may ari lang ng 2012 rio 1.4 A/T hatchback,as i have said before,kung itong tapak na ginagawa ko ngayon sa rio5 ko ay gagawin ko sa dati kong vios 1.5L A/T ay makaka average ako ng 12 km per liter city driving lang po yan.ako po ay naka pagtala lang po na pinaka mataas na 7.8L city driving,usual driving lang po yan,yan din po dindaanan ng dati kong vios na naka pag average ng 8-9km per liter city driving. ngayon kung gusto talaga ng pormado at puno ng features at handa ka gumasta sa gasolina go ahead buy one.
    Sir depende po talaga sa driving habit yan ako po sir pag city driving 7-9 km pag talagang tapak na sa gas yon rpm 3K+ pero pag normal driving ko nakakamanage ako ng 10-11 pag pure city same conditions pero different style. I am using Rio HB Graphite 2899 km ODO

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, can't compare unless you drive them back-to-back.

Toyota does this trick with engine mapping on all their cars. At the slightest press of the pedal, the engine produces a lot of power immediately. This makes the driver subconsciously back off the pedal a bit, which saves them gas.

On other cars, like the Rio or the City, there's some delay in the power, which means you press down further and longer for the same acceleration. Which means you will use more gas.

Adjust your driving style accordingly, and fuel economy should get closer to the Vios 1.5. Probably won't match it. The old Vios body is lighter, and the 1.5 G only came with 15" mags, which are a lot lighter to cart around. And, let's face it... the 1.5 in that car is pretty awesome, either way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gucci88 View Post
    Sir depende po talaga sa driving habit yan ako po sir pag city driving 7-9 km pag talagang tapak na sa gas yon rpm 3K+ pero pag normal driving ko nakakamanage ako ng 10-11 pag pure city same conditions pero different style. I am using Rio HB Graphite 2899 km ODO
    hi gucci88 depende din kasi kung paano mo compute fc mo sakin kasi hindi ako nag re rely sa display sa dashboard lagi ako manual computation since natuto akong mag drive yan ang basehan ko,pansin ko lang kung sinasabi sa dashboard display mo na naka 8km per liter ka, lagi yan less.7 or even 1 pa nga so lalabas nyan, 7.3km per liter lang talaga,subok ko na yan 7 months na rio5 ko at naka tatlong toyota cars na ko, at ito lang kia rio ang napakalakas sa gas, so yun mga naka rio5 dyan na nagsasabi na naka 9-10km per liter kayo ito lang po yan its either tumatakbo ko ng average speed ng 20kph, o isa kayo sa mga employee na pakawala ng kia na trying to fan out the flame .SOBRA DENY KAYO NA HINDI MALAKAS SA GAS RIO5 MAYBE THE RIGHT WORD YOU SHOULD SAY IS ......TALAGA LANG PONG MATIPID YUN IBANG CARS NA SAME CATEGORY NG RIO

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Toyota does this trick with engine mapping on all their cars. At the slightest press of the pedal, the engine produces a lot of power immediately. This makes the driver subconsciously back off the pedal a bit, which saves them gas.

On other cars, like the Rio or the City, there's some delay in the power, which means you press down further and longer for the same acceleration. Which means you will use more gas.

Adjust your driving style accordingly, and fuel economy should get closer to the Vios 1.5. Probably won't match it. The old Vios body is lighter, and the 1.5 G only came with 15" mags, which are a lot lighter to cart around. And, let's face it... the 1.5 in that car is pretty awesome, either way.
    hi niky nice to see you here,have you test drive the kia rio5? i am waiting for your review on this. anyway as you have mention i really miss my 2006 toyota vios 1.5L A/T .before nag reklamo ako kapag hindi ako naka 10km/L sa vios ko now im trying hard to make 8km per liter on my rio5
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 11th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

hey niky is this possible sa rio5?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have test driven the Rio5, but not a full four-day test. So I can't comment on fuel economy. My impressions are that it is programmed to be more responsive... "racy" than the sedan. That MIGHT have something to do with it, but I can't tell.

GH has expressed reservations about the economy of the sedan, also. That one I did test long-term. Fuel economy was kinda so-so... about the same as a 1.5 or 1.6 AT from other manufacturers. But not as bad as what I'm hearing from hatchback owners.

Like any other car, the Rio can be reprogrammed. The expense probably isn't worth it for the savings alone, but the extra power from something like the Unichip would make up the difference, for sure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Pinagtataka ko din sa mga casa.. wala akong nakikitang display ng hatchback...

*confusedfish
    -Was that a manual computation or or based sa reading ng computer?
    -Ano route mo sa 10km/l mo? Ano average speed ng trip?
    -15 to 20 km/l sa highway? At best na nakuha ko is only 15km/l buong stretch ng NLEX pa yan ah Balintawak to Dau... Cruise mode * 90-100kph

For me.. 6-7km/l lang nakukuha ko sa Binondo area..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Again, wala problema halos mga Rio Sedans. May it be 1.4L or the 1.2L... lalo na kung MT unit. Tignan mo nalang si jaguartiu, 1.4L diba... MT pa. Ok yun FC.

Now start asking Rio hatchbacks 1.4L AT owners, see if most of them say the same as what jaguartiu says or kung most of them experience not-so-good FC

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Wala mga stock ang casa, I waited 3 months before my unit came.
    I do not base my fuel consuption from the trip computer, i manually compute it.
    There are still times where i experience 7 km per liter but that is when my ave. speed is 6-7. But that happens rarely because usually i go around 9 km/h to experience 7-8

- - - Updated - - -

Wala mga stock ang casa, I waited 3 months before my unit came.
    I do not base my fuel consuption from the trip computer, i manually compute it.
    There are still times where i experience 7 km per liter but that is when my ave. speed is 6-7. But that happens rarely because usually i go around 9 km/h to experience 7-8

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    they should release a lower variant for the hatchback with a 1.2 engine, panalo yan. Though conflict sa picanto 1.2 nga lang.

madali naman magpalit ng mags .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast