New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Anybody has changed ATF outside casa? What ATF does Kia vehicles use? We need to change ATF for a Sorento.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This information is stated in the owner's manual.

Some Kia models even have a complete service manual online.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Anybody had any recent experience in Kia Alabang, Kia Manila Bay or Kia Makati?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Any idea how much is the labor for 5k PMS for sportage. The CASA where i purchased the unit offered free labor for 5k PMS but its a bit far from me. there is another Casa closer to where i live and i want to know if its worth it to go all the way to the CASA (where the unit was purchased).

TIA

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Any idea how much is the labor for 5k PMS for sportage. The CASA where i purchased the unit offered free labor for 5k PMS but its a bit far from me. there is another Casa closer to where i live and i want to know if its worth it to go all the way to the CASA (where the unit was purchased).

TIA
    if it is kia offering the promo, perhaps all the kia casas are offering it.
    "call."

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if it is kia offering the promo, perhaps all the kia casas are offering it.
    "call."
    "Meron daw" but they did not give me the figure yet. they will pa daw and revert to me. I think the free pms promo is casa exclusive.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Finally, I was able to complete my PMS last Tuesday. I went to the original CASA where the unit was purchased for the PMS (KIA E ROD). BTW my unit is a Diesel Sportage.

Something is bothering me though:

1. What are the services that are required to be performed during the 5K PMS? I noticed from the receipt that in addition to the "Change Oil", they charged 1200 for "3 in 1 treatment" and 1500 for "Aircon 2 in 1 promo", services which I never agreed to nor mentioned by the SA unless of course, they are part of the mandatory 5K PMS (I don't even know what were those services and I suspect it's not though part of the mandatory PMS).

I need your opinion before calling KIA Philippines. If the services were inserted without my knowledge, I will be pissed and will have to do something.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hindi dapat kasama iyang 2 items na iyan.
    Kahit sa ibang XX KMs PMS, hindi din kasama.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Finally, I was able to complete my PMS last Tuesday. I went to the original CASA where the unit was purchased for the PMS (KIA E ROD). BTW my unit is a Diesel Sportage.

Something is bothering me though:

1. What are the services that are required to be performed during the 5K PMS? I noticed from the receipt that in addition to the "Change Oil", they charged 1200 for "3 in 1 treatment" and 1500 for "Aircon 2 in 1 promo", services which I never agreed to nor mentioned by the SA unless of course, they are part of the mandatory 5K PMS (I don't even know what were those services and I suspect it's not though part of the mandatory PMS).

I need your opinion before calling KIA Philippines. If the services were inserted without my knowledge, I will be pissed and will have to do something.
    in my car brand, the owner's manual lists the pms schedules and the items of interest.
    my casa generates a printed itemization of the jobs they propose to do with the car.

some folks here believe that if the item is not printed in the owner's manual of PMS schedules, it is only an optional that can be waived.
    personally, i waive any treatment of any kind and any additive of any kind. i even instruct them to use only gravity, when draining my oil.

in my casa, the SA goes over with me, the itemized list of things they plan to do to my car. i can agree in whole, or i can waive some items. i use the line, "next time na lang. wala sa budget, eh.". then, i sign the printed paper, listing the things they will do to my car.

peruse your list, po.
    maybe you did agree...?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 18th, 2020 at 01:36 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my car brand, the owner's manual lists the pms schedules and the items of interest.
    my casa generates a printed itemization of the jobs they propose to do with the car.

some folks here believe that if the item is not printed in the owner's manual of PMS schedules, it is only an optional that can be waived.
    personally, i waive any treatment of any kind and any additive of any kind. i even instruct them to use only gravity, when draining my oil.

in my casa, the SA goes over with me, the itemized list of things they plan to do to my car. i can agree in whole, or i can waive some items. i use the line, "next time na lang. wala sa budget, eh.". then, i sign the printed paper, listing the things they will do to my car.

peruse your list, po.
    maybe you did agree...?

I reviewed the "Repair Order" and noted that there is an item "1Set - 3 in 1 Treatment". I don't know what is that. it was not explained to me. If i was told that it was "optional" i would have said NO. I went there for PMS expecting that they will only do PMS - before KIA, i have been driving a Toyota for more than 10 years and i never had this problem. I just go in have the PMS. if they think there is something wrong, they will tell me and ask if i wanted to have it fixed, usually, its the filters but they usually tell me "malapit na masira sir pero pwede pa naman next PMS". I assumed ganun din sa KIA (e-rod), they will do the PMS lang - only the mandatory services and tell me if something needs to be done and ask for my permission.

But the "AIRCON 2 in 1 PROMO" was not on the Repair Order. They added that one without my knowledge or consent. I dont even know what was that except that i suppose it has something to do with the Aircon. I know i dont need it, especially for a 7-month-old car with barely 4k on the ODO.

But what really ticked me off is the manner in which it was done. I was misled into thinking that the "1 set - 3 in 1 treatment" was part of the 5k PMS and the surreptitious addition of the "Aircon 2 in 1 Promo" without even telling me. they didnt even bother to try to convince me that i needed those extra services.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I reviewed the "Repair Order" and noted that there is an item "1Set - 3 in 1 Treatment". I don't know what is that. it was not explained to me. If i was told that it was "optional" i would have said NO. I went there for PMS expecting that they will only do PMS - before KIA, i have been driving a Toyota for more than 10 years and i never had this problem. I just go in have the PMS. if they think there is something wrong, they will tell me and ask if i wanted to have it fixed, usually, its the filters but they usually tell me "malapit na masira sir pero pwede pa naman next PMS". I assumed ganun din sa KIA (e-rod), they will do the PMS lang - only the mandatory services and tell me if something needs to be done and ask for my permission.

But the "AIRCON 2 in 1 PROMO" was not on the Repair Order. They added that one without my knowledge or consent. I dont even know what was that except that i suppose it has something to do with the Aircon. I know i dont need it, especially for a 7-month-old car with barely 4k on the ODO.

But what really ticked me off is the manner in which it was done. I was misled into thinking that the "1 set - 3 in 1 treatment" was part of the 5k PMS and the surreptitious addition of the "Aircon 2 in 1 Promo" without even telling me. they didnt even bother to try to convince me that i needed those extra services.
    if you have something on paper that supports your "i did not authorize it" claim, you can probably officially complain to management and make your displeasure known.
    my feeling is, they do it because no one complains naman.
    but if someones complain with alarming regularity, they will probably change their "policy".
    good luck.

addendum: but if you did sign the document, then you, in effect, approved it. in which case, i would probably file this experience under "lesson learned" and move on.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 18th, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Kia PMS