New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Malas my bumili ng new Tucson last Xmas, I saw a few of them. Tsk tsk pano Kung 5 years to pay sila tapos may drop ng 5 to 20%

I'm assuming the 20% will be applied to higher end models like Sta de and sorento, say at 1.7m to 1.4m. The 300k drop translates to 100k++ interest in 5 years alone

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I just re read the article. It says UP TO 80k a unit. A sorento will still be 2.22m and that is still too expensive. But 80k less for a 1.3m tucson will be significant.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Afaik the distributor of kia and bmw are the same in the ph.
    yes. owner/distributor had been with the automotive industry for sometime. previously supplying mazda & nissan diesel bus, now peugeot and daewoo bus

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    The problem with them is the after-sales support. They don't stock up on parts. Until now my 2014 Sorento LX is their shop waiting for a replacement AC cooling coil from Korea despite bringing it in before Christmas.
    2014 Sorento with a AC cooling coil problem? Parang masyado pang maaga?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    Lumaki rin kasi ulo ng kia/hyundai. Sobra yumabang in other words. It's a good thing to hear that they are coming back to their senses.
    They're shackled by exchange rates. HARI managed to find workarounds for the pricing, but that tax option is no longer available... hence the price increases. Then there's the problem of unit sourcing. The Matrix before was available at a competitive price because it was sourced from a non-Korean factory... when you've got new models built in Korea itself, the price will naturally be higher.

With the new Korean Free Trade Agreement, they're now on equal footing with the Japanese... time for a charge.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Confirmed na, Kia will significantly reduce their prices very soon. Hintay-hintay nalang iyong may planong bumili ng Kia vehicles. Magkano kaya ang ibababa?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...lated#cxrecs_s

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Based on tax mase,-save nila thats abt 15% which is quite big. Anyway that's the most educated guess we can make right now...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have a talk with a Kia Executive and he said that inuubos nalang nila ang stocks nila that they purchased at a higher tariff rate then they will implement the new pricing. Naku at the very slow rate that they are selling their vehicles right now, mukhang matatagalan pa.

Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and others is experiencing explosive growth rates this January of 2016 (some companies by more than 50%), Its only Hyundai and Kia that has experienced very sluggish or even negative growth rates. I think this is because they have priced their vehicles way more than the established brands. If this trend continues, Kia and Hyundai will lose big market share and will become an insignificant brand in the Philippine market.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    either way it's good news-- cutting their prices down or they'll become insignificant.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Any updates to this? :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast