New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...y-a49-20160624

"This year, the Korean carmaker topped the J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey in the United States. It is the first time in 27 years that a non-luxury brand has ruled the roost. In the past, Lexus had been the usual recipient of top honors in the IQS rankings."

Sent from my SM-A9100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...y-a49-20160624

"This year, the Korean carmaker topped the J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey in the United States. It is the first time in 27 years that a non-luxury brand has ruled the roost. In the past, Lexus had been the usual recipient of top honors in the IQS rankings."
    Sent from my SM-A9100 using Tapatalk
    I don't know how they did the survey or if it is even in the Philippines but 5 weeks after I bought our company's Kia. The aircon failed. And its been 3 weeks and we can't used it because until now it is still waiting for parts. It is very common for Kia vehicles aircon to fail in the first 4 years. Just look at different comments in this forum. Our toyota's and mitsubishi's aircon do not fail in four years. Kia's quality is similar with China made vehicles. mahal na sirain pa bagsak na bagsak pa ang resale value.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    I don't know how they did the survey or if it is even in the Philippines but 5 weeks after I bought our company's Kia. The aircon failed. And its been 3 weeks and we can't used it because until now it is still waiting for parts. It is very common for Kia vehicles aircon to fail in the first 4 years. Just look at different comments in this forum. Our toyota's and mitsubishi's aircon do not fail in four years. Kia's quality is similar with China made vehicles. mahal na sirain pa bagsak na bagsak pa ang resale value.
    It was for the US market, the survey was for initial quality.

What car did you buy?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoTyan View Post
    It was for the US market, the survey was for initial quality.

What car did you buy?
    i have noticed..
    buy an item in the US. buy the exact-same item in the phils. i have sometimes noticed dis-similarities in the item quality.
    perhaps it is because, the US has tighter laws on consumer rights?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have noticed..
    buy an item in the US. buy the exact-same item in the phils. i have sometimes noticed dis-similarities in the item quality.
    perhaps it is because, the US has tighter laws on consumer rights?
    Yes, yung hindi pumasa sa QC ng US market, ibabato sa mga market na katulad natin. In short, we get the tira-tira / rejects. 2nd class.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quality is probably higher because the cars sold in the US are also manufactured there. Also as DacoTyan said, the survey was for INITIAL quality. I'd be interested in how it compares to the long term ownership experience.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005