New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Hello guys. Kia just released new flagship SUV called the Mohave Master. It is still built on body on frame, has 3.0L V6 diesel engine mated to 8 speed automatic and electrically controlled 4WD system. We will have a press car coming to our office on Oct. 7th. So, let me just show you the car quickly.

Kia Mohave Master A.K.A Kia Borrego

3.0L Diesel
    260hp | 57.1kg.m
    Rear-bias 4WD System
    8 Speed Automatic

Kia just released the Mohave Master - new flagship SUV from Kia. A.K.A Kia Borrego! - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kia-mohave-review.jpg  

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I seriously doubt if we'll ever see one of those locally. There might not be enough of a market for it.

Hey Charlie, why does your accent change sometimes from being all Korean like to more of a mid-western U.S. accent?

Weren't you born and raised in the U.S.?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Nice model from kia.. V6 diesel!

Only if priced competitively against top SUV like Toyota LC

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I seriously doubt if we'll ever see one of those locally. There might not be enough of a market for it.

Hey Charlie, why does your accent change sometimes from being all Korean like to more of a mid-western U.S. accent?

koreans vehicles are left handed like the local market. blackmarket will probably sell some of these.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmmm. Side profile looks the same as the 1st gen Mohave sold in the late 2000s. That one also used a 3.0 V6 diesel which made 250hp, IIRC. Just a heavy facelift of an old model perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hmmm. Side profile looks the same as the 1st gen Mohave sold in the late 2000s. That one also used a 3.0 V6 diesel which made 250hp, IIRC. Just a heavy facelift of an old model perhaps?

yes its a facelift.. its not a new gen..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

Nag pepretend lang yan Korean, laking Amerika yan. Kitsng kita sa body movement and gestures. Tapos nag popost sa Pilipino forum lol

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yes its a facelift.. its not a new gen..
    I think that one was sold locally for around 3.2M back in the day. More expensive than the Pajero. And that was ten years ago. I shudder to think how much it would be priced today.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    koreans vehicles are left handed like the local market. blackmarket will probably sell some of these.
    I guess that's true, grey market.

Just for some variety, I guess. LoL.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    havent had my dose yet

Kia just released the Mohave Master - new flagship SUV from Kia. A.K.A Kia Borrego!