New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys/Owners of Kia carnival,

Please share me some good and bad experiences with your carnival. Mataas ba ang ride height ng carnival??

thanks,

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    anu diff ng carnival sa sedona? parang kamukha

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay ang ride at tahimik, sa bad experience ko is nung naputulan kami ng fan belt, mahirap maghanap ng ka size at mahal pa kung meron pati yung tensioner bearing madaling masira

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2002 Sedona RS M/T
    13 months old, with 18,000km mileage

PROS:
    [list=1][*]ride height -> higher than a sedan, lower than an AUV[*]mileage -> 10-12 km/li. highway; 8-10 km city[*]comfort -> silky smooth suspension. kids can sleep through all the bumps along NLEX while reclining in the 2nd row captain's chairs[*]quiet and perky for a diesel[*]power steering makes it relatively easy to parallel park even in those rather tight spots[/list=1]

CONS:
    [list=1][*]OEM horn was the first thing i replaced. sounds like the Looney Tunes road runner (meep! meep!)[*]foot brake was weak from the factory, promptly adjusted by the casa after it was brought to their attention[*]naiinip pa rin ako pag hinihintay kong mag-cooldown yung turbo after driving/mag-init ang diesel engine pag cold start[/list=1]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pissword
    anu diff ng carnival sa sedona? parang kamukha
    The Sedona is the US name for the Carnival, which the Philippine marketers adopted last year i think.

Actually, the 2002 product brochure that I have names the model as the Kia Carnival Sedona. Go figure.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    compared to the starex, one of its closest competitor, it rides lower with a ride height of 177mm

pros:

1. 135 ps / 310 nm of torque (J3 diesel engine)
    2. advanced drivetrain, suspension & safety equipment
    3. industry-leading crash-test results (rated 5 star by NHTSA)
    4. good road-handling for a van
    5. long-list of standard features
    6. a lot of van for the buck
    7. quiet cabin
    8. 3 years/100,000 kms. warranty

cons:
    1. wide turning angle
    2. occasional squeaks and rattles heard inside the cabin
    3. a few incompetent/improperly trained sevice centers out there

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kia Carnival talaga ang intended name for that product. Ito ang tawag sa kanya in almost all other markets.

Obviously that name will bomb kung gagamitin sa US so they had to come up with Sedona.

Ito namang Kia sa local market, gaya gaya, ginawa ding Sedona! hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks a lot for the inputs guys! Now decision nalang =)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yung sedona ko napansin ko malambot ang front suspension. Gives it a good supple ride, but it feels minsan na nagbobottom out. Also, height clearance ng front bumper di ganoon kataas, yung mga parking stoppers, minsan sumasayad.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the carnival/sedona was really designed to cater for the american car market. meaning a car market whos roads are well-paved and well-maintained. dunno if columbian motors made some necessary "tropicalization" in the suspension. although some features that a common pinoy driver doesn't really need where removed though.

Kia Carnival Comments