New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Guys,

Just want to let you know that I offer a service to lift the rear suspension of the Kia Carens for extra ground clerance. I have done it on my unit. I just don't know how to attach a picture here.

But basically, a precisely machined spacer is placed in the coil spring to lift the rear. Same ride comfort but rear is lifted. Even you sit 7 adults, level lang ang body nya. It is both functional and improved visual appearance as well. Let me know if you're interested

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Here is the picture:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CRDIvgt View Post
    Guys,

Just want to let you know that I offer a service to lift the rear suspension of the Kia Carens for extra ground clerance. I have done it on my unit. I just don't know how to attach a picture here.

But basically, a precisely machined spacer is placed in the coil spring to lift the rear. Same ride comfort but rear is lifted. Even you sit 7 adults, level lang ang body nya. It is both functional and improved visual appearance as well. Let me know if you're interested
    Maybe you can show it to us pag nagkaroon ng chance mag meet up mga carens user. How much are you going to charge us for the damage. Warranty? Join ka na lang sa thread ng carens user

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is interesting... Will this void our warranty in any way though?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CRDIvgt View Post
    Guys,

ok ito ah. ilang mm or inches ang itataas nya? your tires are 225/55/17 right? laki ng tires mo, kaya ka ba nagpa lift? paano yung front? di na ba kailangan?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crichton View Post
    ok ito ah. ilang mm or inches ang itataas nya? your tires are 225/55/17 right? laki ng tires mo, kaya ka ba nagpa lift? paano yung front? di na ba kailangan?
    If you lifted the rear, the front would go lower. Madalas yung front ang sumasayad sa akin.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3597[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; June 4th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yup my tire is 225,55,17. Approx 1.5 inches ang itataas ng rear or a little more higher depends on the thickness of the spacer to be used. Rear lang ang lalagyan, ok naman kasi ang clearance ng front. Halos patag lang kasi ang body ng carens tapos medyo upo if loaded ng 7 people tapos prone sa sayad pa yung rear mud guard due to low ground clearance. With this, medyo elevated ang rear pag no load at patag naman if full seating. I've driven my carens almost 13tkm na with this - legazpi albay, camarines rough roads, uphill/downhill etc. OK ang performance.

With regards to warranty ng casa, it maybe void kung mapapansin pa nila. Eh ano ba naman ang masisira dun sa rear coil spring? I can give 1 month workmanship warranty on the part to be installed. You can text me at 0917 8577616 for pricing and installation.

With rehards to meet up, sure. I live in Manggahan Gen Trias Cavite if you want to see my unit in actual. I just want to give options sa mga Carens user kung gusto nila itaas ng konti ang rear clearance. Because I think this is the only "point for improvement" ng Carens but the rest of the package is superb in its price range

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Can you get a close up pic on your lifter. What material have you used. How much is the damage.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'll try to get a close up pic of the lifter. Medyo mahirap kasi kunan. But it is a solid cylindrical carbon steel (similar to chassis material) placed in between the chassis and the coil spring (of course with the original insulating rubber). I'm still finalizing the pricing bro... I'll post it here once available or you can send me txt msg later.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I have always wanted to do that from the start... pero Kia will void the suspension warranty if I placed a spacer. I have spacers on my Corolla and they are alright. Maybe after the 3 year warranty, pwedeng patulan yung spacers mo bro. Thanks for the pics!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Kia Carens Rear Suspension Lifting