New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If you will look at the KIA website, the new models use more structural adhesives & more high tensile strength steel, increasing structural rigidity. Just as an example, the Sportage uses 51% HTSS compared to the model it replaced which used 18%, and more than 100 meters structural adhesives. KIA & Hyundai have gone a long way from the Besta & Pride days.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Obviously any SUV can deal with an occasional dirt road or pot holed roads. What I meanth was as a recreational off roader 4x4. AWD is different from 4x4s. I don’t think any crossover will last long when used as an off road vehicle.
    Yung mga tipong malalaki ang wheel wells para kumasya yung mga pang mud terrain tires, kasi karamihan sa mga cuv hindi malalaki ang mga wheel wells. 😂

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    Kumusta po ang build quality ng Kia? Matibay po ba? Can it handle our roads without parts (interior and exterior) falling off? Are the parts put together tightly?

Thanks!
    Recent models are way better compared to the Pride and Besta days...

IMO comparable to Japanese models, kaya lang I think spec/price wise, you get a better deal by buying an ASEAN made car.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Sablay ang air conditioning system sa cars nila dati based on experience sa kia besta na family van samin dati. Don't know if it is still present on some of their cars nowadays but I've heard na sa hyundai, isa din sa mga naging problem ng tucson dati ang aircon na nawawalan daw ng lamig for some time, which could possibly occur on kia as well since same sila ng ilang models.
    Til now, suspect pa rin aircon ng kia and hyundai. Doowon brand ang OEM nila and madali masira.
    Other than that, superb quality and Kia in the US at least. No 1 for 2 years na sa JD Power ratings. Note lang na first 90 days satisfaction ang award.
    217 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    Kumusta po ang build quality ng Kia? Matibay po ba? Can it handle our roads without parts (interior and exterior) falling off? Are the parts put together tightly?

Thanks!
    The questio is indeed a bit funny.

I've been in the transportation business for over 20 yrs. I've had 3 Kia vans, 1 Rio, 1 Forte, and 1 Picanto.

The 2 Vans were overhauled in 3 yrs. The other 1... The AT tranny konked out in 3 yrs.

The Picanto's AT tranny konked out in 2.5 yrs.

The Rio and Forte, I sold before age 2 yrs.

You draw the conclusion.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had a 2012 kia sorento 4x2.

as per offroad ability: in one occasion i had to go to the hilly portions of umingan, pangasinan. the roads were very rough (read that as just bulldozed over with no gravel overlay) and muddy but the sorento held up to the challenge. so if it is just the occasional softroading then yes even a 4x2 sorento can handle it.

build quality: body, suspension, engine and tranny are decent. the only problem for the older sorentos (and santa fes) is the rear abs sensor assembly. in the 5 years i had the sorento this was the only part i had to replace. it is a common problem for both kia sorento and hyundai santa fe. i am of course talking about the older model and not the new 2018 sorento.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    The questio is indeed a bit funny.

I've been in the transportation business for over 20 yrs. I've had 3 Kia vans, 1 Rio, 1 Forte, and 1 Picanto.

The 2 Vans were overhauled in 3 yrs. The other 1... The AT tranny konked out in 3 yrs.

The Picanto's AT tranny konked out in 2.5 yrs.

The Rio and Forte, I sold before age 2 yrs.

You draw the conclusion.
    they weren't meant for heavy duty transportation services?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Til now, suspect pa rin aircon ng kia and hyundai. Doowon brand ang OEM nila and madali masira.
    Other than that, superb quality and Kia in the US at least. No 1 for 2 years na sa JD Power ratings. Note lang na first 90 days satisfaction ang award.
    217 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol even after through the years, still nagkaka-issue parin ang sa air conditioning system nila, despite being oem naman.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yan ang problema ng aircon di ko pa na encounter. 2 years of ownership nagloko ang thermistor, pinalitan. Ngayon about 133k kms na ang odo ika 11th year na sa akin wala pang issue ang aircon. Nag top up lang ako ng refrigerant 3 yrs ago, walang na repair kasi walang makitang leak.

Sent from my NX549J using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sa Starex ko Halla yung aircon niya

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast