New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Interesting article for all Kia car owners. Posted on June 15, 2010 on 24/7 Wall St.

Not sure though how credible is 24/7 Wall St.

Kia Motors Corporation is one of the two car brands of Hyundai of South Korea. It has always been a marginal brand. Its stable mate, Hyundai USA, has a reputation for high quality cars like the Sonata and Genesis. Kia sells “low rent” cars and SUV nameplates like the Sorento and Rio. As GM and Ford have already discovered, it is expensive to maintain multiple brands and storied car names, including Pontiac, Saturn, and Mercury, are disappearing. Most Kia cars sell for $14,000 to $25,000. Hyundai has several cars in the same price range (LINK). Hyundai’s Sonata has quickly become one of the best-selling cars in America, and its Genesis flagship model competes with mid-sized BMWs and Mercedes. The parent company will take a page from several other global car companies and dump its weakest brand.
    One of ten brands that may disappear in 2011. Kia Motors Corporation was included.

Although the article says it's in the USA, Hyundai/ Kia is a global brand (correct me if I'm wrong) so this may or may not also happen here in the Philippines. We'll just have to wait and see come 2011.

This is the link to the original article.

http://247wallst.com/2010/06/15/247-...ear-in-2011/5/

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Pero last week nagpunta ako sa showroom ng KIA dito sa lugar ko bro, at me affair sila: Presenting New Kia Sportage 2011....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *desert fox

I just read what it says in the article. It may or may not happen at all and also stated that I'm not sure how credible is 24/7 Wall St. so this has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just posted it for added knowledge for Kia car owners already and would be owners.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    maybe they should just change the logo/emblem. the word Kia on the back and front isn't exactly appealing.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon View Post
    maybe they should just change the logo/emblem. the word Kia on the back and front isn't exactly appealing.

I doubt they would, Kia is one of the first automotive companies in South Korea. Pardon the pun, but they got a lot of Pride.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by night_raven View Post
    *desert fox

I just read what it says in the article. It may or may not happen at all and also stated that I'm not sure how credible is 24/7 Wall St. so this has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just posted it for added knowledge for Kia car owners already and would be owners.
    ok bro...thanks for the info....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    and Kia is doing good in other countries.. So malabo yan ma phase out..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This was already posted by LadyRider.

I'll repeat what I said in that thread.

Whoever wrote the article knows nothing about the automotive business.

Kia is a profitable concern. Their only R&D expense, really, is design and styling to seperate themselves from Hyundai.

Yet, globally, they outsell both Mitsubishi and Nissan... and sell almost as many cars as BMW.

And Hyundai doesn't have the power to close down Kia. After they rehabilitated it, they dropped their ownership stake to under 40%. They don't have a controlling share in the company, anymore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Kia actually is having a record year for sales worldwide and in the States. In Korea, where the Sonata has always been the frontrunner in class, the new K7/Optima outsold it for the first time. Kia just started rolling off vehicles from its brand new plant in Georgia, where both the Sorento and Hyundai Sta Fe are being assembled. These are not signs that the brand will disappear, these are signs that the brand is finally beginning to capture significant market share.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ako rin nga nagtaka bakit sinama ang KIA MOTORS sa list. Yung sa ibang nakalista dun sa 10 companies, pwede pa pero KIA, I don't think so!

Para mo na rin sinabi na kapag mawala ang KIA sa 2011, mawawala na rin ang Hyundai! Ngek!

Next to impossible ata yun!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kia brand may disappear in 2011.