New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I saw a similar thread in the Hyundai forum and I thought to start the same thread here in Kia.

My 2011 Kia Sorento 2.4 Theta has been with me for 18 months now, and its still as tight and as good as when I first bought it. It ran 16,000 Kms now, and has gone up to Baguio already as well as several trips to Tagaytay area. The ride quality is still the same, very comfortable at speed, no engine problems, even the body panels and the interior is still very fresh. Already went through 3 PMS check ups, as I have my Sorento serviced every 5,000 KMs instead of the prescribed 7,500KM. No major changes or repairs needed.

Minor issue is the occasional fail in push start, but I learned that this is because of the driver pressing the button without depressing the brake pedal.

I also had to change my battery already last Holy Week, but other than that there were no major issues.

Kia's build quality is definitely much better than the Japanese branded Thailand made competition.

I am looking forward to many more years of service from my Sorento.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ano city FC mo sa theta 1.4?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    16,000 km lang kaya ng kia mo??? he he he

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    we have 3 kias,

besta van 2nd hand, owned for 5 years and ran for 60,000kms, sold it after reaching 120,000 kms.. but still running condition no problems or major breakdown aside from usual replacement of consumable parts...

carnival 2nd hand, owned for 3 years and ran for 60,000kms, sold it after reaching 110,000 kms... still running condition no major breakdown aside from the break pads that needs to be replaced more often.. due to the vans weight...

carens, brandnew, owned for 4 years and already ran 40,000 kms, no problems or even warranty claim.. just needs to clean EGR every 5000 kms...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nice to hear that there are satisfied kia owners. I'm planning to get an Optima as soon as I sell my car.
    Any idea how much the PMS costs on average?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have a 2007 Kia Sportage. 65,000 on the odometer. The only thing I had to replace was my a/c compressor. Other than that I have no qualms. Suspension still good (even though I upgraded to 18" rims). No annoying squeaks or rattles in the interior.

PMS of gasoline unit are cheaper than those of diesel. I'm usually around 5k per visit.

I guess factor din ang owner sa degradation ng unit?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My family has a '96 Kia Pregio [the one with captain seats...] it's being used as a business vehicle & at the same time, a family hauler. It's very comfortable especially when you're seated at the captain seats at the back and ride quality is commendable as well.

The only problem it faces on a somehow-regular basis is the rear a/c failure. Minsan hindi lumalamig. But it can be easily remedied.

That's it, apart from the fact that the van cannot exceed 115kph...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ah friend of mine owns a first gen Picanto, AT Transmission broke down less than a year ago, then broke down again just last week. Cost him quite a lot.

Anyone had a similar experience?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bought Carens CRDi 6M/T 2nd hand. total mileage is close to 60T km. no major problems so far. Turbo boost hesitation was quite evident last year so I did a bit of exhaust pipe carbon build-up cleaning as well as high revs (kya pangit FC) havent done EGR cleaning... But I think may need clutch and DMF right around 100T km. in sum its been reliable so far...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    My first car is Kia Besta. Bought it 2nd hand at 140t more or less km odo reading. I possess it for 6 long years. Aircon was down but it served me for that 6 solid years as long as proper maintenance is religiously followed. I sold it after reaching an amazing 230t km! And now it's still running plying the route of Valencia-Wao as passenger van. I bought a 2nd hand Kia carnival to replace my Besta. Hold it for 4 years, thinking that it is too big for us (We are only 3 in the family, me, my wife, and a daughter) I sold it. Unluckily, the next owner has no knowledge on the maintenance, it broke down and he has to spend about 30t more or less. Sayang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast