New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Dear tsikoteers who have looked at or already owning the 11seater grand carnival, looking for your insights, ownership experience and research/comparison feedback, am looking for a van bigger than my current 7s 4x2. I just read about the asean korea FTA and the good cost impact it will have on SK made cars- the Kia GC 2016 11s * 1.575 now looks a viable alternative to the GS 2015 10s m/t crdi with 100k discount 1.688-0.100 =1.588. Your thoughts please. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wsolo View Post
    Dear tsikoteers who have looked at or already owning the 11seater grand carnival, looking for your insights, ownership experience and research/comparison feedback, am looking for a van bigger than my current 7s 4x2. I just read about the asean korea FTA and the good cost impact it will have on SK made cars- the Kia GC 2016 11s * 1.575 now looks a viable alternative to the GS 2015 10s m/t crdi with 100k discount 1.688-0.100 =1.588. Your thoughts please. TIA!
    11 seater is a joke. Consider it as 8+3 bonus seats. No luggage space na pag may sumakay sa last row and also masikip ang legroom. But anyway, 3 rows rin naman ang GS na kinukumpara mo. Mas sulit nga ang carnival dahil mas mura at mas maraming features. Naka A/T ka pa

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    11 seater is a joke. Consider it as 8+3 bonus seats. No luggage space na pag may sumakay sa last row and also masikip ang legroom. But anyway, 3 rows rin naman ang GS na kinukumpara mo. Mas sulit nga ang carnival dahil mas mura at mas maraming features. Naka A/T ka pa
    consider it an 8 seater instead.... at 8 seater 1.575m, its not bad....

unless you really have to seat 11 people.

marketing lang 11 seater to justify the big difference in price between the 2.3m 7 seater and the 8-11 seater 1.575 in my opinion

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post

marketing lang 11 seater to justify the big difference in price between the 2.3m 7 seater and the 8-11 seater 1.575 in my opinion
    Kung ako rin naman ang bibili, I wouldn't even bother with the 7 seater version at 2.3M, pambili na rin kaya ng Vios yung diprensya between the 7 seater and the 11 seater version

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post

More for tax din siguro. Lower tax ang mas maraming capacity di ba?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for the inputs. Agree might be unrealistic to have 11p + luggage esp. provincial trip, best might be 1 or both 4th row seats folded down and then a roof cargo box. Yes - features, engine, transmission, apparently all go to GC except for space/headroom so leaning to GC, except that reliability and dealer support (parts availability, service quality) is not so clear. Btw, would you know if the revgt of kia 2.2 is parts compatible with hyundai?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wsolo View Post
    Thanks for the inputs. Agree might be unrealistic to have 11p + luggage esp. provincial trip, best might be 1 or both 4th row seats folded down and then a roof cargo box. Yes - features, engine, transmission, apparently all go to GC except for space/headroom so leaning to GC, except that reliability and dealer support (parts availability, service quality) is not so clear. Btw, would you know if the revgt of kia 2.2 is parts compatible with hyundai?
    Kia & Hyundai use the same engine & transmission.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Kia's after sales service is much much better than hyundai's

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Amen to that. I have tried both Kia and Hyundai service centers in Wheels Inc. E. Rod. servicing our Santa Fe and a relative's Carnival. Santa Fe requires a very long waiting time or prior appointment. With Kia, I go to the dealership at the same time I did with the Santa Fe and they were able to entertain me immediately.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The Php 1.595M price tag is a promo. You have to pay a Php 100k reservation fee to avail the unit at that price. The SRP after the promo is Php 1.995M.

For the 11 seater GS, they took out the sun roof, roof rail, leather seats, climate control, and power tailgate. The doors are still auto open and close, and they didnt touch the entertainment system. The 11 seater also comes with a back up camera, which according to the SA I spoke to doesnt come with the 7 seater.

The reservation list is pretty long. If I reserve a unit now, the estimated delivery/turnover is mid-May already.

I'm seriously considering it since we're in the market for a mini-van or van. The local Starex is pricesd kinda steep, considering the features it comes with. At Php 1.595M, this is a very good option. And yes, the last row might not be usable in real world settings, unless the situation call for it, i guess. The good thing about it though, is that when stowed away, cargo space is flat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast