New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Sportage (gen3) thread is almost 600 pages long already. I need inputs on the fuel consumption (city driving and highway) of the gas-powered Sportage 4x2. Further inputs on driving performance and handling, suspension, and comfort are highly appreciated. Kia has a great sale going on some of their models.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    From what I've read, it can go from as low as 5.5km/l (rambled by an owner in a social media site) to 9 km/l city driving (posts in that 600 page thread. Can't remember if someone hit a 10..). Highway figures hover around 12 km/l.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sportage EX (2.0 gas 4x2) owner here
    Fuel Economy: Bad to Moderate traffic in Ortigas, around 4.8 - 5.7 KM/L. Highway, SLEX no traffic, best I got was 12 KM/L
    I really like how it handles. Steering is slightly heavy, which I like because it's easier to manage the wheel. A pleasure to drive on perfectly flat roads. On bumpy roads, not so much. Suspension is a bit on the hard side. You'll feel even the slightest bumps on the road.
    Go for a test drive. We walked in at the Kia showroom in Ortigas and asked if we can test drive the Sportage...they just photocopied my wife's license and let us test drive right away. Overall, I'm happy with our Sportage. Love how it looks, inside and out. Value wise, with the discount, it's at least P150K cheaper than other CUVs with the same options (even after considering the discounts and freebies of other brands).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Sportage EX (2.0 gas 4x2) owner here
    Fuel Economy: Bad to Moderate traffic in Ortigas, around 4.8 - 5.7 KM/L. Highway, SLEX no traffic, best I got was 12 KM/L
    I really like how it handles. Steering is slightly heavy, which I like because it's easier to manage the wheel. A pleasure to drive on perfectly flat roads. On bumpy roads, not so much. Suspension is a bit on the hard side. You'll feel even the slightest bumps on the road.
    Go for a test drive. We walked in at the Kia showroom in Ortigas and asked if we can test drive the Sportage...they just photocopied my wife's license and let us test drive right away. Overall, I'm happy with our Sportage. Love how it looks, inside and out. Value wise, with the discount, it's at least P150K cheaper than other CUVs with the same options (even after considering the discounts and freebies of other brands).
    Thanks basil for your inputs. My wife is really the one who's interested. If I were to choose, I would have opted for the Optima as the offer from Kia is very tempting. My wife's preference is a vehicle with a higher ride height thus the need for a CUV.

I assume that it will be like around 6-7 km/L in a mix of different traffic conditions on a daily basis. My 6th gen Accord (2.3L AT) is also averaging around the same FC figures in city conditions but can only do 9 km/L on the highway. I prefer a stiffer ride also. Kia Sucat is just near to our place so I might schedule for a test drive soon.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kia Sucat told me that they only have the Sportage CRDi available for a test drive. I am not sure how a difference in performance it may have against the gas model but the ride and handling might be the same.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I bought 2014 sportage 2.0ex gas a/t only last sat. from my place in antipolo proper to the office in ortigas center, i always reset the trip computer. the fuel consumption registers 13 L/100km at the end of the travel..thru Ortigas ave ext house to office is 16kms. w/c is 9kms cruising & 7 kms crawling traffic. travel time is more or less an hour. crawling usually takes about 40mins...Based on the trip computer, i consume 1 liter every 7.7 kms...On perspective, i spend about a liter on the crawling traffic which is not bad in my opinion.

hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks, river enchanter. 7.7 km/L (13L/100 KM) will be just fine for a CUV 2.0L AT. Maybe that figure will improve further as you get past your break-in period.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Thanks, river enchanter. 7.7 km/L (13L/100 KM) will be just fine for a CUV 2.0L AT. Maybe that figure will improve further as you get past your break-in period.
    that's always the case..we'll take however little the improvement will be. hehe!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    always had mine an FC range between 11-12l/100km on the trip settings reading after consuming every full tank. my location is light to moderate traffic only.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Regarding power: with 166ps under the hood in my opinion is more than enough to have some fun with it.
    handling: i only have the ford fiesta to compare it with; steering is a bit on the stiff side but ok overall..of course the fiesta should offer more driving comfort and less bumpiness but this sportage is not far behind especially with the right tire pressures.
    manual airconditioning: ok considering the space inside, at high noon, knob is at "2" and it's comfy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast