New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi, im planning to upgrade from the stock 215/70R14 to a 17 inch wheel.. what tire combo wud be good? and ano po ang mga available rim? gusto ko sana ung rota extreme kaso it only comes in 20".. e d un kasha sa pregio... dnt wanna go real big kc.. gusto ko sana ung mga tipong wheels na kinakabit sa bagong crv.. i think its 16s? ano po mgandang rim na 6 holes 17".. or kung wala, 16"...

i was also thinking of putting a snorkel, but parang d bagay.. what bout if roof scoop nlng, then a custom pipe inside, sumwer along the rear a/c? instead of a snorkel n nsa labas..but same concept as the snorkel..

suggestions po nyo? TIA..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What look are you going after? Bling and snorkels don't really mix that well.

You can use a tire calculator available at tire rack.com to compute for the tire size. The objective is to maintain a similar overall diameter by decreasing the aspect ratio of the tire while the rim size moves up.

Personally, I wouldn't go over 16's. I don't want to compromise the load rating of the tires. Even when unladen, the Pregio is still quite heavy. Why not just go for a European look. Yung tipong malinis and not overdone. Dami namang Euro Pregio pics (also known as the Besta in other markets) sa net na pwede gawing basis.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

yup i agree...ako clean look habol ko sa liteace ko, with a touch of euro...a litte bling and none of those protruding accessories like snorkels... teka, 15" na tires nyan,a! try mo mga 16-17 inchers na kakasya sa most 4wd vehicles...

dont put those bullbars, clean underbars will do, may stock triple roofrail ang mga imported 3.0L pregios..a litte bling will do, a custom made in-van am/fm+tv-dvd and a good sound system will do.

for me, you can porma it without loosing its utilitarian use...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, what kind of Pregio do you have? What year and variant?

In addition to the domestic market triple roof beams, you can also wire up the rear foglamps (properly) as well as put side marker lamps

Clean example:

Side marker lamps:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hindi po snorkel ung balak ko.. i meant same function as a snorkel kc sabi po it will reduce blak smoke and improve the preformace since the engine gets more air.. i thot of putting a custom roof scoop tas the air will pass thru a pipe that will go thru the roof, inside the van, beside the rear a/c down to the air intake instead of the stock air filter down under the driver's left foot whch may cause water to enter in floods..im looking for a clean look too.. not the off road type or pick up na may snorkel sa side...i got a pic of a rota extreme and edited a pic.. i adjusted the size of the rim and im guessing its about 17"? so the pic is basically the size of the rim im lookin for..
    could some1 tel wat size of rims and tires would match the pic i edited.. Tnx agen.. tnx sa replies..

just a hunch.. at that size, you wont be able to turn the front wheels properly without scraping unto someting..unless you lift your van... plus your loading capacity will definately lessesn beacuse of the slimmer tires.. i say it may be 18-20 inches(rim size)

just stick to your current rim size or just go up to 16 inches just to give a comfortable, maporma ride without loosing your van's carrying capacity.

about sa roof scoop, aminin ko, noong may delica 4wd pa ako, naisip ko na yan, pero just what i said, just keep it plain and simple..pwede ang gawin mo sa air intake mo, ay sa di nakikita sa labas, meaning, i would have a concealed snorkel nalang than a snorkel/a roof scoop..but the limit is stilll below your roof line(or half of the van's total height)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    just a hunch.. at that size, you wont be able to turn the front wheels properly without scraping unto someting..unless you lift your van... plus your loading capacity will definately lessesn beacuse of the slimmer tires.. i say it may be 18-20 inches(rim size)

just stick to your current rim size or just go up to 16 inches just to give a comfortable, maporma ride without loosing your van's carrying capacity.

about sa roof scoop, aminin ko, noong may delica 4wd pa ako, naisip ko na yan, pero just what i said, just keep it plain and simple..pwede ang gawin mo sa air intake mo, ay sa di nakikita sa labas, meaning, i would have a concealed snorkel nalang than a snorkel/a roof scoop..but the limit is stilll below your roof line(or half of the van's total height)
    yup i agree sir.. i guess 16" are just right.. just like the size on the new crvs.. it would make the stand of the van better but not really affecting the ride comfort unlike 18"s..and btw, i didnt know na may limit pla ung snorkel... on how high it shud be..hehe..e2 nlng po, is there a k&n filter for a pregio? un nlng po cguro mas ok na gawin..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    there should be a k&n filter that can fit your ride. it's mostly the adaptor that only needs to worked on top make thing fit.

i've seen a few pregios that's been dressed-up. they're mostly running 15s and 16s. rota's ranger and lightning are good options.
    Last edited by kewlryds; November 28th, 2005 at 01:49 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suggestions:
    *Ditch the 'damage multiplier' front and rear bullbars - they spoil the vans clean lines and does not allow the self-regenerating/impact absorbing 2.5mph front and rear bumpers to function properly
    *Install the body side mouldings from the Pregio LS (color-keyed to your lower tone)
    *Install the Pregio LS dummy lightbar grille
    *Darker shade of window tint (irregardless of transparency) - remember what the tinting professionals say: "light car, dark tint" and vice versa.

A snorkel is virtually useless against water ingestion if you do not relocate the stock airbox (under the driver's feet). Hacking up the body of your vehicle can also affect structural integrity, corrosion resistance, safety and RESALE VALUE.

A properly maintained engine (not a relocated intake) will keep emissions within legal limits. But black smoke is something you cannot totally eliminate with diesel engines and present emissions regulations do take that into account.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sir ask ko lang. anu pwedeng gaawin or i check para mareduce ang ingay ng sasakyan ko? i have pregio 02 model. para kasing pag may naririnig akong ibang pregio mas maingay ung akin. anu kayang pwedeng ipacheck?? salamt po.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
customizing my pregio.. need ur inputs